Shotguns

Pete031

Leave....
SOF Support
I did a search and could not find anything on them in here....

I am in the market for a shotgun, I have a lot of experience with the Remington 870P, but it is kind of an expensive one.
I am thinking about Mossberg,
Anyone here have any good suggestions?

870, expensive?

I'd buy an 870 over a mossberg. Easier to disassemble, clean, and maintain... not to mention bombproof...

Remington 870. We got 2 last December for less than $450, plus it's easy to find parts for them, and easy to take apart and clean.

My vote goes for the Mossberg 500. The closer you can get to a 590, the better.

I've shot barrels OFF the Remington before. No BS. Of course, that was a LOT of rounds down range, but I've pushed both guns to the max, in terms of different loads, dirt, water, dropping it, falling down on top of it ("I'm up they see me I'm down")

The Remington is also no good for horizontal and vertical butt-strokes, as it would likely crack near where the chamber marries with the butt-stock.

If you want something for self defense, the Remington isn't bad- and of course the military DOES use it, but I prefer the Mossberg hands down. I consider it the most rugged shotgun for the money.

wow, I should head to the US for one.... They are closer to $800 in Canada. The Mossberg 500 is closer to $300. Mossberg 590 around $500.

The Mossberg can also be hopped up quite a bit, with many after-market, paramilitary, and SWAT-oriented gear.

Shotgun_Mossberg_590.jpg

590 Model

butler_shotguns_folders.jpg

500 Series

Prices are in the low $200's if you look hard enough. Full retail is closer to $450-550.

Joe, interesting, considering we had 870's and threw many many rounds and loads through them... we had police models and also the new 870 military model with the changeable rear pistol grip/buttstock and barrel kit.

Never had a barrel come off.

What's the purpose of the weapon? Hunting, Home defense?

Never used a Remington, Dont like Mossburgs, they rattle like and old man's false teeth IMO, I have always owned and still do Winchester Defender 1300s I love them. :2c:
Got my last one in mint condition for $350 USD.

Attachments

• 1300.jpg
    1300.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 507
Whats the mag hold?

One thing I do like about the defender in the 7 + 1 round capacity.

I have used all three of those mentioned. All three are damn good weapons but if I made dept. equipment choices, Id go with the 590 hands down. Right now my patrol shotgun is an 870 with front and rear site. smooth bore. We alternate slug and buckshot. Like I said I dont make the choices but its usable.

6 total for the slug gun if you're shooting 2 3/4, 3 and 1 if it's 3"...
3 and 1 for 3.5" 5 and 1 for 3" and 7 and 1 for 2 3/4 for the super mag, it has a +1 cap right now.

Both are getting extended magazines in the future, considering that I do not duck hunt therefore I am not restricted to ammunition quantity.

I also take into account weather conditions, and how easy it is to field strip and clean a weapon. That's another reason my hunting rifle is a lever action, easy to clean, as is my pistol and shotgun. Up here it can mean the difference between life or death.

wow, I should head to the US for one.... They are closer to $800 in Canada. The Mossberg 500 is closer to $300. Mossberg 590 around $500.

Pete where were you looking to buy? Was it local? Don't buy anything around that shithole. ;) There's only one local place around there that I would probably buy from. What did you want to use it for? Did you have a specific 870 that you were looking at? If you know specifically what you want but are unhappy of price, then you can order online and have it mailed to you. If your not sure of what your looking for drop me a pm and I can give you some more info on the places listed below.

Wholesale Sports

S.I.R. Mail Order

Russell Sporting Goods

Ellwood Epps Sporting Goods

Sports Action

Le Baron Outdoor Goods

Marstar Canada

http://www.firearmscanada.com/gun_dealers.html

Joe, interesting, considering we had 870's and threw many many rounds and loads through them... we had police models and also the new 870 military model with the changeable rear pistol grip/buttstock and barrel kit.

Never had a barrel come off.

What's the purpose of the weapon? Hunting, Home defense?

Home defense and Rocky mountain hiking bear gun.

I have a HK FABARM 6. Cheap at 450.00 and is a great shooter. Pump w/6 round tube. Barrel shroud.

Attachments

• fp6.jpg
    fp6.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 58
Back