Sniper rifle software launched for iPod touch

SgtUSMC8541

Marine Scout Sniper
Verified Sniper
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sciencea...r-rifle-software-launched-for-iPod-touch.html

A new application has been launched for the iPod touch to help gun users line up a clean shot at their target.
The BulletFlight app, which costs £6.99 to download from the iTunes store, has been developed by Runaway App to turn the iPod touch into a ballistics computer which the company says can provide “quick solutions in the field”.
Users can mount their iPod touch to their rifle, and then use the iPod’s touch-screen to tap in details about the wind conditions, ammunition type, distance to the intended target and even the wind speed.
“Unlike other apps, BulletFlight does not output information in table format,” says the application’s iTunes page. “What it does do is dynamically give you the solution you need now to take that shot.”
The application features built-in profiles for three weapons – the M110 semi-automatic precision rifle, the KAC PDW, and the 14.5in SR16 rifle – although users can add more weapons into the app.
“Environmental calculations are based on the Sierra Bullet model,” says the BulletFlight iTunes entry. “Up to five ballistic co-efficients with corresponding velocity thresholds may be used for each profile.”
BulletFlight is not the first shooting application for the iPhone and iPod touch – that honour goes to iSnipe – but it’s the latest in a long line of unusal apps for the devices, which have included simulated beer-pouring, a fart machine, and even “breathalysers”.

They way they have it hooked up on the rifle.... Im not a fan of that. Recoil alone could cause some issues over time.... anyway, it should be the observer/spotter that is entering the calcs.

Here's the app site. Complete with pics:

http://www.knightarmco.com/bulletflight/index.htm

IMG_0011.jpg

pic1.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

for the 110

friend of mine (is on here I believe) just downloaded it to his Iphone. Looks pretty promising and for the 8 seconds I got to see him play with it looks rather user friendly!

cost was cheap too 11.99 or something like that...

think about it

Unlocked Iphone... 600.00
Iraqna Sim Card... $25.00
Knights Ballistic App... $11.99
Accuratly Doping & Smiting pop up shoot back targets while listening to your favorite tunes, compliments of Apple...
PRICELESS!!

I have an iPod Touch 2nd Generation. I don't have much need for the software; however, the case looks sturdy and if dust and/or waterproof I would be interested. If one gets water in those iPods they quit working and no Apple repairs, as your warranty is cancelled. They also have some sort of tattle tail water detector in them, so they know if you allowed water to get in them.

The Otter Company (Same company as shown on rifle.) does have, what appears to be a good tough case. A little pricey; however, if it does all it says maybe a good one for hard use in the field. (Note not good for UW SCUBA Ops.)

http://www.otterbox.com/ipod-cases/ipod-touch-2nd-gen-armor-case/

Back