Sniper Section

G

ggamecrazy

I Just tryed out for my units Sniper section. It was just a 3 day course that consisted of a ranger type pt test, Lot of road marching. Basic abilities like calling for fire, identifying basic terrain features, putting together a ASIP and calling in a medvac. Urban Landnav, Phych test ( getting the MSG asking you mad personal questions ,why u did them and getting ass chewed), and lastly firing the m24. It consisted of a lot of stuff and my feet were fucked up by the end. But out of 10 junior enlisted 4 got picked, I was 1 of those 4.
I don't know how this si going to play out but ill see.:huh?:

lol that would be like your fourth school in a couple months :D Good deal

Good job dude. Don't worry about the school, it sounds like you guys have a pretty squared away section just by the sounds of the selection. I'm sure the senior guys will do their best to set you up for success before they send you to school. Focus on range-E (this is a big one), weapons specs (M24 and M107), get pointers on how to properly construct your ghille suit, and of course, shoot as much as you can whether it's through your unit or on your own. Just absorb as much info as you can before you go and you'll be fine.

I Just tryed out for my units Sniper section. It was just a 3 day course that consisted of a ranger type pt test, Lot of road marching. Basic abilities like calling for fire, identifying basic terrain features, putting together a ASIP and calling in a medvac. Urban Landnav, Phych test ( getting the MSG asking you mad personal questions ,why u did them and getting ass chewed), and lastly firing the m24. It consisted of a lot of stuff and my feet were fucked up by the end. But out of 10 junior enlisted 4 got picked, I was 1 of those 4.
I don't know how this si going to play out but ill see.:huh?:

I'd say congratulations, but it sounds like you were selected because you worked hard, stayed motivated, and didn't quit, so instead I'll say good job. And IMO get EVERY school you can; you never know when you'll get a second chance to go.

Well done. More hurdles to cross of course but you've obviously got the required ability or you wouldn't have passed the first step.

Good job man, I did the Canadian course a couple of years ago. Made it till the last week and screwed up on a stalk. Just goes to show you will have to be on the ball throughout.

Back