SOC Chris Kyle on Fox News

• Thread starter Deleted member 2517
  • Start date

IMO, O'Reilly gets a little cunty in regards to how Kyle views the Iraqis and his job. Not that I've really come to expect much class from the guy to begin with.
I really do like O'Reilly, but I noticed that too. He seemed a little too edgy when it came to interviewing an author- especially a former servicember.

I think O'Reilly was just trying to play the devil's advocate, as he often does. I feel like at the end of the day, O'Reilly is a good dude who is trying to make for good news, and he'll even debate in opposition of his own beliefs to give his guests more of a chance to speak on them, sort of like a Hannity and Colmes approach- it makes for good news, seeing two people agree for an hour gets boring.

I'm no one to criticize the guy, but the baseball hat/t-shirt thing(IMO) is a bit lame. You have to play to your audience and know your operational environment, which can be read as matching your host's uniform. Going to a business attire affair like that is like going to the Pentagon in PTs, it's two uniforms downgraded. O'Reilly is there in business attire, and he skipped the business casual and went straight to bar room. 255 kills or not, the Jesse Ventura story was more than enough to have him on in my book.

I think O'Reilly was just trying to play the devil's advocate, as he often does. I feel like at the end of the day, O'Reilly is a good dude who is trying to make for good news, and he'll even debate in opposition of his own beliefs to give his guests more of a chance to speak on them, sort of like a Hannity and Colmes approach- it makes for good news, seeing two people agree for an hour gets boring.

I'm no one to criticize the guy, but the baseball hat/t-shirt thing(IMO) is a bit lame. You have to play to your audience and know your operational environment, which can be read as matching your host's uniform. Going to a business attire affair like that is like going to the Pentagon in PTs, it's two uniforms downgraded. O'Reilly is there in business attire, and he skipped the business casual and went straight to bar room. 255 kills or not, the Jesse Ventura story was more than enough to have him on in my book.

I fully agree on the part about playin devils advocate. I'm not I'm any sort of position to comment on his attire- but it would've been epic if he had pulled out a "Predator" quote on The Body after decking him. "got time for bleeding now?!"

I'm reading Eric Bischoff's book and just finished his paragraphs on Jesse Ventura when Jesse worked for the WCW. Bischoff said Jesse had great talent......when he bothered to show up for work. He related how Jesse was fired: they were taping down in Orlando and at the time were taping several shows a day with an hour or so between each taping. Jesse was doing commentary work, not in-the-ring, but after the first show he disappeared. The entire cast, crew, and audience was kept waiting for this guy. When they finally found him he was behind a set sleeping. Ventura's salary was ridiculous, mid-90's and he's making around a million a year for 2 days of work per week and he couldn't even do that?

I thought it spoke volumes about his character. Besides, with a guy like Ventura even if he were telling the truth would you believe him?

911"Truthers" like Ventura are morons who are so deluded that the truth is just an abstract concept to be used when convenient.

Can't believe a word he says.

If you can stomach listening to his voice...here you go:

“I have no idea why this person is saying it or for what purpose it’s to serve, but if he is saying that the struck me, knocked me down and then fled, I want people to understand clearly that he is confessing then to the crime of assault, and it is the assault on a twice-elected official.”

If it is a lie the truth will come out, because there had to have been witnesses.

Fuck Jesse, "He didn't hit me, but if did that's assault."

Translation: "If he tells the truth I can press charges and sue. If he lies about it I can smear his reputation."

And that Ladies and gentlemen, is what I call "a dick move."

Back