Soldier Basics

trin

Medic
Verified Military
So, I went through USAF training a "few" years ago, and now I'm trying to learn the Army way. What books, manuals, etc. would you recommend that cover what every new Soldier (officer or enlisted) should know by the time they finish their initial training (regardless of MOS)? I do not have access to anything that requires an AKO account or CAC, and there is simply nothing out there at the state level.

Here are the Warrior skills Level 1 to 4 and some battle drills
Thanks! I downloaded the files from the first two links. Unfortunately, the third link is a pay site. Would have been nice to see some of those PowerPoints.

I carried this with me while at OCS. Packed with pretty much everything I needed to know field wise.
Apparently it's also available for free from the Army pubs site (which thankfully does not require AKO/CAC), so I've snagged it from there. Much bigger than I expected!

If you are looking for basic soldiering information and how to excel in an Army career, this book is great. I began reading it at E-3/ E-4 rank and its a solid, easily read guide on what's expected from an Army soldier aspiring to be an NCO. Be sure to get the lastest edition. Its not about MOS or tactical proficiency though.

Attachments

• NCOGuide-cover.jpg
    NCOGuide-cover.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 5
If you are looking for basic soldiering information and how to excel in an Army career, this book is great.
Looks interesting! Hopefully I'll be able to purchase it sometime soon. In the mean time, I found and downloaded TC 7-22.7 (FM 7-22.7), Noncommissioned Officer Guide, to hopefully tide me over until then.

Looks interesting! Hopefully I'll be able to purchase it sometime soon. In the mean time, I found and downloaded TC 7-22.7 (FM 7-22.7), Noncommissioned Officer Guide, to hopefully tide me over until then.

This manual and the NCO Guide will be very similar but the NCO Guide will not make you want to poke your eyes out with a pencil!

Back