Sometimes I really hate my life...

Devildoc

Verified Military
...so my family is at an amusement park. Yesterday we did the water park, wasn't horrible, but a lot of people with misplaced sense of their own attractiveness and swimwear they should not be wearing.

The bed in hotel was comfortable; however, I had the opportunity to sleep in but my herniated disc and horrible sciatica had me up at 5 in the morning pacing the room because I could not lay down. So I am up and heavily caffeinated getting ready to take my kids back to the theme park where it is supposed to be a hundred degrees today.

Yay me.

but my herniated disc and horrible sciatica had me up at 5 in the morning pacing the room because I could not lay down

Every time I piss and moan about shit, I see stuff like this. Very greatful to have my health.

Hoping you can find a boonie-hat and camelback of cold Gatorade for the day. Good luck.

...so my family is at an amusement park. Yesterday we did the water park, wasn't horrible, but a lot of people with misplaced sense of their own attractiveness and swimwear they should not be wearing.

The bed in hotel was comfortable; however, I had the opportunity to sleep in but my herniated disc and horrible sciatica had me up at 5 in the morning pacing the room because I could not lay down. So I am up and heavily caffeinated getting ready to take my kids back to the theme park where it is supposed to be a hundred degrees today.

Yay me.

Think about all the times you were soaked in the field, saying to yourself, "I would give my left nut for a cup of coffee and a dry pair of clothes." Sit back, relax, and enjoy the whale-watching!

Yay me.

Come to Florida. You can help me paint a fence, fix the gearbox on a rotary cutter, and hack down the jungle overgrowth along side the road with a machete in 92 degree heat and ungodly humidity. It's fun, we'll have some laughs.

@Ocoka , I'd do it. As long as I am moving, and not around a million people, I am in my element.

@DozerB , good point.

I realize I am having a little bit of a pity party, largely driven by extraordinary pain in my lower back, and my profuse hatred for the mass of humanity at theme parks. I'm doing this entirely for my six children, whom I love dearly, and who will have memories of an awesome trip.

@Ooh-Rah , I realize life is on a continuum, and I have it so much better than so many other people. But damn, when my back acts up like this this is the worst pain I've ever had.

@Ocoka , I'd do it. As long as I am moving, and not around a million people, I am in my element.

@DozerB , good point.

I realize I am having a little bit of a pity party, largely driven by extraordinary pain in my lower back, and my profuse hatred for the mass of humanity at theme parks. I'm doing this entirely for my six children, whom I love dearly, and who will have memories of an awesome trip.

Clearly your priorities are in order. Happy late Father's Day!

Just get wasted. The great thing about alcohol- you can pour it on anything and make it better. It’ll also make you go from a whale watcher to a full on whaler. Those bigs will start looking real good

Last edited by a moderator:

Yay me.
My wife just went through back surgery for her sciatica and herniated disc, and is recovering. She is only in week 4 but she feels way better. She had a lot of chronic pain, and it made her life miserable. Are you doing physical therapy or anything?

My wife just went through back surgery for her sciatica and herniated disc, and is recovering. She is only in week 4 but she feels way better. She had a lot of chronic pain, and it made her life miserable. Are you doing physical therapy or anything?

I have done everything else short of surgery. Because of a compression fracture, a pars defect, and a couple other things, we're trying to kick the can of surgery until it is the last resort. Which might be soon.

@Marine0311 , I am much better this afternoon. This morning not so much. It is hotter than hell and humid but at least I'm staying hydrated enough that my piss looks like a clear Rocky Mountain stream, unlike yesterday when it look like a bright ray of sunshine LOL.

I have done everything else short of surgery. Because of a compression fracture, a pars defect, and a couple other things, we're trying to kick the can of surgery until it is the last resort. Which might be soon.

That's what my wife and I wanted. She finally got the surgery after many months of PT because of a combination of being sick of the pain and fear of permanent nerve damage.

I had surgery twice back when it was standard treatment and wish I kicked that can down the road a few more years. But that's life and I deal with it. The shit we do for our family as broken assholes. lol

Just get wasted. The great thing about alcohol- you can pour it on anything and make it better. It’ll also make you go from a whale watcher to a full on whaler. Those bigs will start looking real good

If my historical knowledge serves correct, this is exactly how Mississippi was started..

Back