SOWT Officers?

will2016

Unverified
Hello, I am a senior in High School interested in serving. I am applying to several service academies though Air Force is my first choice. I am also applying to afrotc. I have done well in high school and am interested in studying meteorology in college. I am interested in serving in the special operations weather team. I am hoping to find answers for my questions about the career field. I would prefer to serve as an officer but but am open to enlisting. I have found conflicting information about being an officer in sowt and if one can and how one would do so. I was also wondering if I could enlist and guaranteed to enter sowt pipeline granted that I met the requirements. Thanks to everyone for their replies in advance.

Hello, I am a senior in High School interested in serving. I am applying to several service academies though Air Force is my first choice. I am also applying to afrotc. I have done well in high school and am interested in studying meteorology in college. I am interested in serving in the special operations weather team. I am hoping to find answers for my questions about the career field. I would prefer to serve as an officer but but am open to enlisting. I have found conflicting information about being an officer in sowt and if one can and how one would do so. I was also wondering if I could enlist and guaranteed to enter sowt pipeline granted that I met the requirements. Thanks to everyone for their replies in advance.

"Hello, I am a senior in High School interested in serving. I am applying to several service academies though Air Force is my first choice. I am also applying to afrotc. I have done well in high school and am interested in studying meteorology in college. I am interested in serving in the special operations weather team. I am hoping to find answers for my questions about the career field. I would prefer to serve as an officer but but am open to enlisting. I have found conflicting information about being an officer in sowt and if one can and how one would do so. I was also wondering if I could enlist and guaranteed to enter sowt pipeline. Thanks to everyone."

Moderator hat on. You just repeated your intro thread and started a new SOWT thread. Have you taken the time to talk with a recruiter yet? That is a good place to start. Take some time to read through threads that are already posted in your area of interest. Take the time to learn when to use upper case: AFROTC, and SOWT. I am tempted to lock down this thread, but I will leave that to the SOWT to make that call.

Last edited:
There are no SOWT Officers anymore, but that will probably change (AFA may have dropped the Meteorology Program as well).
Good luck.

"Hello, I am a senior in High School interested in serving. I am applying to several service academies though Air Force is my first choice. I am also applying to afrotc. I have done well in high school and am interested in studying meteorology in college. I am interested in serving in the special operations weather team. I am hoping to find answers for my questions about the career field. I would prefer to serve as an officer but but am open to enlisting. I have found conflicting information about being an officer in sowt and if one can and how one would do so. I was also wondering if I could enlist and guaranteed to enter sowt pipeline. Thanks to everyone."

Moderator hat on. You just repeated your intro thread and started a new SOWT thread. Have you taken the time to talk with a recruiter yet? That is a good place to start. Take some time to read through threads that are already posted in your area of interest. Take the time to learn when to use upper case: AFROTC, and SOWT. I am tempted to lock down this thread, but I will leave that to the SOWT to make that call.
There are no SOWT Officers anymore, but that will probably change (AFA may have dropped the Meteorology Program as well).
Good luck.

By "that will probably change" do you mean that there will be SOWT officers again? Do you have any indication of when that would be? Thank you

My mistake, I plan on talking to my recruiter Monday and I will read through the threads. I am new to the site and apologize for any mistakes I may be making. Thank you

By "that will probably change" do you mean that there will be SOWT officers again? Do you have any indication of when that would be? Thank you
Yes, and no idea.

Decide if you want to be an operator, or manager/leader.
If kicking doors in appeals to you, enlist.
If planning appeals to you, be an officer.

My mistake, I plan on talking to my recruiter Monday and I will read through the threads. I am new to the site and apologize for any mistakes I may be making. Thank you

There is always a learning curve. We'll move ahead from here.

Back