Spartan 01 memory video

Ravage

running up that hill
This is my contribution and my way of saying "THANK YOU".
RIP Brave warriors !

[SM]111[/SM]

Dedicated to the 11 SEALs and 8 SOAR(A) members killed on June 28th 2005.

Very Nice..that music always makes the hair on my neck stand up......

I am at SDVT-1 as I type. There is an awesome memorial to all the guys on the quarterdeck. They will always be remembered everyday. Awesome.

Four US Navy SEALS departed one clear night in early July, 2005 for the mountainous Afghanistan-Pakistan border for a reconnaissance mission. Their task was to document the activity of an al Qaeda leader rumored to have a small army in a Taliban stronghold. Five days later, only one of those Navy SEALS made it out alive.

This is the story of the only survivor of Operation Redwing, SEAL team leader Marcus Luttrell, and the extraordinary firefight that led to the largest loss of life in American Navy SEAL history. His squadmates fought valiantly beside him until he was the only one left alive, blasted by an RPG into a place where his pursuers could not find him. Over the next four days, terribly injured and presumed dead, Luttrell crawled for miles through the mountains and was taken in by sympathetic villagers who risked their lives to keep him safe from surrounding Taliban warriors.

A born and raised Texan, Marcus Luttrell takes us from the rigors of SEAL training, where he and his fellow SEALs discovered what it took to join the most elite of the American special forces, to a fight in the desolate hills of Afghanistan for which they never could have been prepared. His account of his squadmates' heroism and mutual support renders an experience for which two of his squadmates were posthumously awarded the Navy Cross for combat heroism that is both heartrending and life-affirming. In this rich chronicle of courage and sacrifice, honor and patriotism, Marcus Luttrell delivers a powerful narrative of modern war.

126773tk7.jpg

Got this email today, anyone?

Hi

My name is John and I'm writing from Sweden. We've been following the War On Terror since 9/11 2001 from over here, even though our nation didn't contribute in the way most of our soldiers wanted.

There are so many good men lost when the cause is freedom itself, we lost men like SSG-operator Jesper Lindblom and you lost over 3000 troops in battle. Those are sad numbers but I find it to be a good thing that the internet technology have made even people like myself aware of this, thanks to the internet we know that you lost good men like Michael Monsoor who sacrificed his own life to save the ones of his comrades, or the men of Spartan 1 of SDVT-1, the downed recovery team or CIA SAD-operator and USMC captain Micheal Spann.

We also recon he fact that these men didn't just die for their comrades or for their nation, they also died for us, for the other parts of the free world.

Anyway, I just saw the amazing tribute film for the KIA Spartan 1 guys and I'm almost touched to tears. I would like to know if it's possible to obtain the memorial patches like the one that opens the film. We would love to sew some of those to our hiking backpacks and other gear to make clear that our support and respect for the men who does the ultimate sacrifice for all of us is nothing but 100% genuine and whole hearted. The old norse mythology of our Nordic countries tells the tales of how the greatest of warriors who fall on the battlefield gets to live and feast side by side with the god Odin in Valhalla until end of days, or Ragnarok.

I also talked briefly about this whole patch matter with DJ Monkeyboy of Mil Spec Monkey and he would probably be able to reproduce more of those patches if the original ones are unavailable. If these patches are intended only for family and friends or for american armed forces we fully understand that, however all insignias and memorial patches that would show our beliefs and our support to the world would be greatly appreciated. In either way, I wanted to check with you guys if you know anything more, wouldn't dream of just ripping the design off.

Stay safe, peace.

Since my YouTube account (LitleBird) was taken out I had to re-upload my vids (only four for now) so here the video in question:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loMJAkgt2ok"]YouTube - Spartan 01 memory video[/ame]

Nice video. Why no SOAR photos?

I don't remember the name of that song, but it was played at every battalion ceremony I remember going to. I think it was also in "Last of the Mohicans."

Got this email today, anyone?

Wow... as you can see, there are lots of people who are really supporting the war.

This touched me specially ;

The old norse mythology of our Nordic countries tells the tales of how the greatest of warriors who fall on the battlefield gets to live and feast side by side with the god Odin in Valhalla until end of days

" And then Bragi will welcome you to Valhalla, Hall of the slain, where the brave will live forever"

Back