twelve Airmen are going to begin a 824 mile relay march with 50 lbs packs
from Lackland AFB, TX to Hurlburt Fld, FL on Oct 6th at 0500 departing
Medina Annex Build 100. This walk is to honor Tim Davis and the other 11
Special Tactics (ST) members that have fallen in Iraq or Afghanistan, and
build awareness for the Air Force Special Operation career fields of Combat
Control and Pararescue for recruiting purposes. Additionally, we hope to
build awareness for Special Operation Warrior Foundation. Our hope is that
our action, honoring our teammates, will inspire all to take a moment to
honor all those that have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation.

For more info about the walk and other web sites established to help support
our efforts please go to http://sites.google.com/site/stmemorialmarch/.

Attachments

• Route_and_timeline_a-1.txt
    23.2 KB · Views: 48
should have some pics once the guys get back. hopefully some of the CC's old butt looking smoked:D}:-)

Will upload the pics tonight. Nothing spectacular, 4 guys with the big green tick moving through SA. Little disapointed they didn't seem to have a support/chase vehicle with them as they were moving through a rough part of town when I saw them this am.

Will upload the pics tonight. Nothing spectacular, 4 guys with the big green tick moving through SA. Little disapointed they didn't seem to have a support/chase vehicle with them as they were moving through a rough part of town when I saw them this am.

not to worry SOWT...they have a support vehicle carrying the other guys to tag out on the relay. without a doubt they were in the vicinity.

Guess it was a good thing I didn't offer them a beer and a ride then. ;):doh:

i dont know, an 800 mile hash ruck could get interesting lol}:-) might not make the timeline though:doh:

Well you can be sure I will have an ice chest of assorted beverages to include the good stuff on stand by should they need a pick me up!:D

That was one kick-ass performance by a great group of guys. The last unofficial word I got was that they raised about $35,000 for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. As my boss Col. Carney says, "sometimes a simple 'thank you' doesn't seem like nearly enough."

Back