SSG Joshua R. Townsend - 7th SFG(A)

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2009/January/090119-01.html

2009) — An Army Special Forces Soldier died from a non-battle death incident Jan. 16 at U.S. military Fire Base Ripley, Tarin Kowt district, Uruzgan province, Afghanistan while in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.

Staff Sgt. Joshua R. Townsend, 30, was discovered in his room Jan 16, unconscious and without a pulse. He was moved to the Tarin Kowt Field Surgical Team who attempted to revive him. After numerous attempts, Townsend was pronounced dead. The incident is under investigation.
He was a Special Forces Operational Detachment-Alpha team weapons sergeant assigned to Company C, 1st Battalion, 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) here.

Townsend, a native of Solvang, Calif., is survived by his wife, Rachel, of Spring Lake, N.C.; mother Linda Townsend, of San Jose, Calif.; father, Daniel, and brother, Jordan, of Solvang.

For further information, media should contact the Special Forces Command Public Affairs Office during duty hours at 910-432-4587 or after duty hours at 910-689-6187.

For Townsend's bio, click here.

1tvcxs.jpg

Staff Sgt. Joshua R. Townsend (Army photo)

Rest easy SSG Townsend. Your watch is over.

Thank you for your dedicated service to our great nation. :(

R.I.P. Warrior

May God continue watching over you and your family. I thank you for your service to our Army and Country.

Semper Fi,

GunnyMack

Back