Support MOSs

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see it that way it might be, but there was no mention of PsyOps either....

Careful....the guys at 4th POGue get touchy these days when you put an "s" on the end of PSYOP. Don't know why.....:uhh::uhh:

That, and the only person more abused on the staff than the S2 is the S6. (and sometimes the CHEMO). :D

CHEMO's get a different, world class degree of abuse.

At least there is grudging recognition of the need for Comms and Intel.

Careful....the guys at 4th POGue get touchy these days when you put an "s" on the end of PSYOP. Don't know why.....:uhh::uhh:

It is fun to watch them guys get all worked up when you add the "S" to PSYOP. Important capability with some really smart folks; but the most internecine, self-hating organization I've ever seen.

To be fair: Once it comes under a formal Info Operations command-structure, PSYOP will come into their own. In recent years, they've really professionalized themselves and their mission and become real force multipliers.

Are commo guys involved in combat operations (if necessary) ?

Only if you plan on talking with anyone to....say...coordinate fires, request supplies, inform higher HQ of the situation, issue orders, find out where the bad guys are, call home for some e-nookie, etc...

Other than that...nah...unnecessary...

Like my quote below says: "If you ain't makin' comms..it's just camping!"

"The President can make you officer, radio can make you commander" :)

Good quote.

One of the NCOs training me at Infantry OBC said something that stuck with me all these years, "sir, your weapon is the radio."

Mara intel guys in the Regiment (160th) do ..... what ?
I mean I know what intel is, but I don't think it's only giving photos of the target area, telling what the satelites are showing etc.

Good quote.

One of the NCOs training me at Infantry OBC said something that stuck with me all these years, "sir, your weapon is the radio."

Back in the day - before the war - in the 82nd, the DS Intel company piece that jumped in with the Brigade commander as part of the ACP was an intel NCO and the MI Co commander. The NCO jumped in the M-60/SAW/M-240B. The CPT jumped the radio(s) and served as asst gunner.

since they were mentioned....

89396.jpg

U.S. Army Sgt's Brad A. Deforge and Brandon L. Harris share a tent with the Romanian and Lithuanian Special Forces during the equipment testing phase of Combined Endeavor 2008. More than 40 nations participate in CE 08 to prepare, plan and practice a full range of communications, equipment, policies and procedures prior to deploying for NATO missions and emerging real-world crisis. Deforge and Harris are U.S. Special Operation Force training representatives with the 112th Signal Battalion, U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart, Germany. (U.S EUCOM photo/Spc. Melissa Shaw)

Fucking Combined Endeavor, it's just an excuse for a bunch of soldiers from different countries to get together and drink. :D Look at that guy on the left, he looks like he just lost his breakfast.

Fucking Combined Endeavor, it's just an excuse for a bunch of soldiers from different countries to get together and drink. :D Look at that guy on the left, he looks like he just lost his breakfast.

And swap gear! Don't forget that part!

since they were mentioned....

U.S. Army Sgt's Brad A. Deforge and Brandon L. Harris share a tent with the Romanian and Lithuanian Special Forces during the equipment testing phase of Combined Endeavor 2008. More than 40 nations participate in CE 08 to prepare, plan and practice a full range of communications, equipment, policies and procedures prior to deploying for NATO missions and emerging real-world crisis. Deforge and Harris are U.S. Special Operation Force training representatives with the 112th Signal Battalion, U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart, Germany. (U.S EUCOM photo/Spc. Melissa Shaw)

That would be the venerable "SSD", the Never Fail communications unit I had the privilege to command...

For communicators, the gold standard is the 112th Special Ops Signal Battalion. No sexy helicopters, but world-class comms gear, and good training. Battalion with 3 companies at Bragg, and Signal Detachments in all the Theater Special Operations Commands. Penetrate the Shadows!

Only if you're talking Army-specific units. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back