SysAd, Fort Bragg Area

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
I vouch for the person who sent this job announcement to me, but I don't know anything about the job other than what's shown below.

Network Administrator 2 (Network/System Administrator)

Salary: 68K – 75K (160K – 204K OCONUS)

OVERALL JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION

Maintains smooth operation of local area, worldwide and virtual private networks (VPN) and coordinates with network and system engineers. Plans, evaluates, and coordinates installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.

JOB FAMILY KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.

2. Applies patches and upgrades to the network as needed.

3. Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.

4. May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.

5. May design network or portion of network that include selection of hardware and software packages.

MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS

• Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance

• Please be aware that this position requires a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.

• Associates Degree in Information Technology (military experience as a network admin or system admin can substitute for the Associates degree)

• CompTIA Security + (must provide copy of certification for submittal) CompTIA Network + (must provide copy of certification for submittal)

• 5 years system administration/network administration experience.

• Experience with VM Ware.

• Experienced with MS Windows Server 2008, Exchange Server 2007, and Active Directory.

• Possess a valid and current U.S. Passport and Driver’s License.

• 100% Travel required

• Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment, including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor, and chemical/biological protective garments.

• Medically/Physically fit for deployment with U.S. Military Forces Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) under the provisions of USCENTCOM Medical Standards.

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS

• Prior military experience and/or experience supporting Military Forces in Iraq and/or Afghanistan.

• CCNA

• CCNP

• MCTS

• MCITP.

Interested? Contact Cole Manning at: cole.manning@salientCRTG.com<mailto:cole.manning@salientCRTG.com>

Based on the person who sent this to me (not the POC listed, whom I've never met), I expect this would be a pretty cool gig.

Back