TACP Physical

When you do all your processing for either retraining or your initial physical in BMT youll find out for sure. Either way, its not a massive difference. If youre really bothered between the two and you have access to a Flight Medicine clinic, head down there to ask. However I can say as both someone who enlisted as TACP before I washed out and now a 4N0 that has done the physicals, it was the Ground Based Controller. Full disclosure, its been a couple years since Ive done one so it may have changed.

Hey thanks for the response.. I was curious because I have a medical issue that would be considered disqualifying for a F3 but not for a GBC Physical, so I was kind of curious what physical they actually use, because there are so many contradiciting answers on the internet..

If you’re going to jump, I believe you need the Class III. Now that airborne is a part of the TACP pipeline, you might need that prior to enlisting and then transition? Not 100% sure.

As always, this is a question for your recruiter.

As stated above by amlove21, you do need a Class III to become a TACP now. I recently graduated the school house and am currently at airborne now, will be submitting the proper vetting paperwork soon when I return home to prove legitimacy. I myself am ANG and had to get my Class III done prior to heading down to school house. Active duty folks will knock out their Class III towards the end of the school house, I assume so they don’t have to waste time and money on people early on that won’t make it through/won’t need it for the new job assigned to them after washing out.

Ha! Damn good time, if that was to mean the worst of the worst nowadays.
Coming up on jump week now but you are right, so much wasted time here.

Back