Taliban claims responsibility for downing of US Military aircraft

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
This isn't good.

RIP.

Taliban militants have claimed that a US military aircraft crashed in Ghazni, central Afghanistan, killing everyone on board. A statement quoted by Reuters has specified that it was brought down. The US military is investigating. A Taliban spokesman has affirmed the group’s responsibility for the crash, saying that the aircraft’s crew and everyone on board, including what he claimed were high-ranking officers, were killed on the spot.

Taliban claims they DOWNED plane carrying high-ranking US officers in Afghanistan – Reuters

Video surfaces of US Air Force E-11A aircraft crashed in Afghanistan

Last edited:
RIP, if there were survivors E&E'ing.... I hope they get recovered soon.

*I read on one of the news sites that Taliban were out looking for survivors but can't find it again.

Last edited:

I came here to post a few things but this article covers them, minus the Iran nonsense.

IFE due to a mechanical issue, I won't speculate about the crew after the IFE was declared, lots of bad information including the Ariana flight...but you expect some chaos in this sort of situation, weather was pretty rough with overcast( but didn't cause the incident), we put a bunch of pipe hitters on the crash site, everyone recovered back to KAF.

I came here to post a few things but this article covers them, minus the Iran nonsense.

IFE due to a mechanical issue, I won't speculate about the crew after the IFE was declared, lots of bad information including the Ariana flight...but you expect some chaos in this sort of situation, weather was pretty rough with overcast( but didn't cause the incident), we put a bunch of pipe hitters on the crash site, everyone recovered back to KAF.

The Iran nonsense seems like some clown there really wants some shock and awe freedom.

The video shows major parts of the plane, rudder, stabilizers, the cockpit still attached, meaning that the majority of the aircraft was likely intact upon impact.

What experience are you basing this statement on?
I did a year and a half research paper on aircraft crashes, in doing so I looked at lots of pictures, accident reports, previous papers, and interviewed air crash investigators.

Also depending on what research you look at, there are different percents for how many planes are intentionally brought down, but every one that I’ve looked at are under 10%. Sorry if it looked like I was talking out of my ass.

Back