Task Force Ranger - Operation Gothic Serpent - 3 October, 1993

Centermass

Ranger
Rest In Peace
At 15:32 hrs, local time, 22 years ago, this day, in Mogadishu, Somalia, extraordinary men came together in extraordinary ways, to fight a battle....a battle of which - has since become legend, for their courage and bravery under fire, their sheer tenacity and determination in the face of overwhelming odds.

To those of my friends, Brothers, who went, and those who went, and paid the ultimate price, this video is dedicated to you and especially the memory of those no longer with us physically, but with us, always, in heart, mind and spirit. We will never forget.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

Remember the reports trickling in, and watching those people bounce up and down on the MH-60 rotors.
Sorry for your loss.
I have a friend who deployed with the TF Hq, he wasn't the same when he came back.

Rest In Peace, Warriors!

You HAVE NOT and WILL NOT be forgotten!

I still use those gentlemen as examples of "Warriorship" multiple times a month or so to my son or those I work with.

Awesome gentlemen indeed!

Your heroic fight will never be forgotten. Vastly outnumbered, surrounded, you killed hundreds of your attackers through disciplined firepower and sheer guts. And you got your brothers out.

I don't look at Mog as a defeat. I look at it as a shining moment in Ranger history. Well done.

I don't look at Mog as a defeat. I look at it as a shining moment in Ranger history. Well done.

I don't look at it as a defeat either, and those men did not die in vain: their legacy was the change in combat medicine and small unit tactics that have saved countless lives.

EKIA count always seems to be under reported.
It was an incredible job, and had Clinton elected to pile on would have (temporarily) crushed the clans.

EKIA count always seems to be under reported.
It was an incredible job, and had Clinton elected to pile on would have (temporarily) crushed the clans.

Hard agree. One AC-130 could have saved a number of Ranger, Delta, SOAR lives. It was a chickenshit decision. The situation had already escalated.

Back