• Novelty — Not useful!

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Good Personal Defense weapon for CCP?

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Use .410 Slugs 0r Buckshot?

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That weapon is no joke. For home defense it would be a good choice. With a six inch barrel it might be a little to big for comfortable concealed carry.

That's awesome! Great for home defense.. but I would think a .410 would tend to cause unnecessary collateral damage in a CCW situation :2c:

I have a Thompson contender in 410. All I have to say, ya got to be kidding me.

I guess if you want to prove your man enough sure go for it. IMHO there are much better choices.

Those who are pro, go shoot it.

Perhaps with slugs but with those or buckshot there is going to be a lot of collateral damage.

It is a 410. Not a 20 or a 12 gauge. My ten gauge throws out 2 1/2 oz of shot/slug. I would say a 410 pump would probably be a better option for home defense. I think shotguns are a great home defense weapon and choosing right shell, minimizes risk for shooting some one down the block or one of your own.

Probably if a person was in snake country, it might be something to have.

It is a 410. Not a 20 or a 12 gauge. My ten gauge throws out 2 1/2 oz of shot/slug. I would say a 410 pump would probably be a better option for home defense. I think shotguns are a great home defense weapon and choosing right shell, minimizes risk for shooting some one down the block or one of your own.

Probably if a person was in snake country, it might be something to have.

A 410. slug close range will still pass through and do damage to whatever is on the other side. I'm not saying it will travel far but it will inflict damage. I agree it is a better option for home defence but I would only say in skilled hands or those that are alone.

Here's the ballistics on Remington rifled slugs. Short range it'll break some shite. ;)

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/ballistics/shotshell_slug_loads.asp

Hmmm... ive shot a .410 shotgun on a skeet range before and if this is anything like it, (shells look the same), than I wouldnt bother. A big ol fat attacker in a heavy leather coat standing a few feet away will probably just get pissed off. Id just stick with some .45 long colt.

Why would a Judge feel the need to carry a .410 shotgun revolver in a courtroom? Bad eyesight? I understand if a judge wants to carry a pistol for self defense, but come on, how many Judges expressed interest in a .410 revolver as stated in the article?

I think it would make a great, middle of the night hear a noise pistol. Small easy to use and enough bang to get the job done! I am a big fan of shotgun rounds for home defense!!!

I certainly like the idea of a .410 round followed up by 4 .45 rounds. Was it stevens that used to make the over under derringer with .410 and .45? And I believe that in order for it not to be classified as an AOW it needs to have a rifled barrel....which the Taurus seems to have addressed in relation to shot pattern.

Shoot someone in the face with a .410, game over!

It's cool, I wouldn't buy it but it'll do the job if used properly, just like any other firearm.

:2c:

Back