Thank you everyone

@GhillieDude08 Congrats and welcome home, Marine!!! Fucking love seeing a high school kid sign onto the site and then report back after boot camp.

By the way, answer to my question?
Thank you. We were still in Receiving during the Marine Corps Birthday, but the day was pretty much the same as any other, we just got to watch the Birthday message ,and got steak and lobster for evening chow. They didn't do anything to us on Veterans day. I think if I wasn't in Receiving it probably would have been alot different. They always told us "So you think you made it huh."

Now that that's over with. How to avoid doing the most "boot" things possible:

- Don't go out on the town tonight wearing your shiny corfam shoes.
- If you are West Coast, try to avoid getting your first tattoo in Oceanside. Actually try to avoid Oceanside all together.
- Save your hundred dollars (or whatever they cost now) and don't go buy a USMC jacket with huge bulldog on the back and room on the sleeves to put scrolls with all the countries you will visit
- Be prepared at MCT to still be somewhat treated like a recruit. The fuck-fuck games are not really over until ... actually in the Corps the fuck-fuck games are never really over. Just accept that now

Best of success out in the fleet!

don't get married to the first girl you meet off base

LOL - I thought of that one as I went to bed last night and was just logging on to update.

Oh yeah, the Filipino bar girls in Okinawa? They don't really love you. Just stop buying them drinks and that will be the end of the debate!

I saw that you have a Comm contract. If you end up at MCCES in 29 Palms, make sure to: 1) Stay in shape, 2) Don't blow all of your money on the 2 strip clubs in the city, and 3) Don't get stranded in Vegas

Oh, and 4) Don't look into the eyes of the Marines/Sailors stationed at 29 Palms, lest you become one of them!

Last edited:
I saw that you have a Comm contract. If you end up at MCCES in 29 Palms, make sure to: 1) Stay in shape, 2) Don't blow all of your money on the 2 strip clubs in the city, and 3) Don't get stranded in Vegas

Oh, and 4) Don't look into the eyes of the Marines/Sailors stationed at 29 Palms, lest you become one of them!

Wise words.

Back