Thanks Giving

I remember Thanksgiving dinner--sliced turkey, instant mashed potatoes and canned greenbeans--that came hot off the ramp of a CH46 in a mermite container like this:

mermite%20container.png

And it was pretty good.

Happy Alive Days and Happy Thanksgiving to all here on SS.

To all those who are home with their loved ones...I wish you a great Thanksgiving!

To all of my brothers and sisters who are away from home...know that you are in the thoughts and prayers of me and my family during this time.

I wish you all a great and safe Thanksgiving!

@Dame Have you heard of the Neelys on Food Network? I made my turkey the Neely way this year and it was pretty good. Usually deep fry the turkey, which is also good.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Thankful for our service members and to be living in a country that is still free.

@Dame Have you heard of the Neelys on Food Network? I made my turkey the Neely way this year and it was pretty good. Usually deep fry the turkey, which is also good.

Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving. Thankful for our service members and to be living in a country that is still free.
Oh, I'm sure dearly departed HH6 would know who you're talking about. He loved those shows and always did a huge gourmet Thanksgiving. But turkey has never been my favorite thing and cooking is even less my thing. ;-)

To be quite honest, I always thought the deep fried turkey was one of those American stereotypes- until I saw a glorious compilation video on youtube of deep frier fails on Thanksgiving.

And it was then a tear came to my eye and I thought: "thank God they're on our side."

Oh, I'm sure dearly departed HH6 would know who you're talking about. He loved those shows and always did a huge gourmet Thanksgiving. But turkey has never been my favorite thing and cooking is even less my thing. ;-)

You do not want to get me started on cooking.....I would so hijack this thread with pics of the cute little pumpkin cupcakes I made with the cool whip frosting. And get myself banned from this site forever!

It's never easy to have empty seats at the table but I'm glad it sounds like you have some good Thanksgiving memories.

To be quite honest, I always thought the deep fried turkey was one of those American stereotypes- until I saw a glorious compilation video on youtube of deep frier fails on Thanksgiving.

And it was then a tear came to my eye and I thought: "thank God they're on our side."
OK, so, you won't believe this, Spit. We were actually given TWO different warnings at work regarding deep frying frozen turkeys. I was like, WTF? Who is that stupid? But yeah, not only is it a "thing" but if you work for the right Uncle in this country, you get very stern warnings about it.

You do not want to get me started on cooking.....I would so hijack this thread with pics of the cute little pumpkin cupcakes I made with the cool whip frosting. And get myself banned from this site forever!

It's never easy to have empty seats at the table but I'm glad it sounds like you have some good Thanksgiving memories.

I know there's a cooking thread around here somewhere. But I really don't think I've contributed to it since I made hot dogs with spaghetti through it. Everyone was very encouraging as it was my first attempt at cooking. LOL. Good God but I love this place. So thankful for all of you here. Still don't know how, but you guys are my family.

OK, so, you won't believe this, Spit. We were actually given TWO different warnings at work regarding deep frying frozen turkeys. I was like, WTF? Who is that stupid? But yeah, not only is it a "thing" but if you work for the right Uncle in this country, you get very stern warnings about it.

Oh yes, there must be a safety brief for everything and turkey frying is no exception.

Back