The Air Force needs more special ops airmen. This is how it plans to get them

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
The Air Force needs more special ops airmen. This is how it plans to get them.

The Air Force has activated a new recruiting squadron at Joint Base San Antonio-Lackland’s Medina Annex in Texas, focused on sourcing candidates for its special operations career fields.

For the first time, a unit — dubbed the 330th Recruiting Squadron — will be solely dedicated to recruiting for the Air Force’s ground-based combat jobs, known as battlefield airmen, and which include the pararescue, combat control, special operations weather and tactical air control party careers.

The recruiting squadron, activated June 29, is being introduced alongside a new nine-week battlefield airmen preparatory course designed to better condition airmen before thrusting them into grueling, two-year training programs with attrition rates that traditionally exceed 75 percent

We (the PJ/CRO Schoolhouse) have had some great interactions with the 330th. I am really hopeful that we see an influx of the "right" candidates.

From everything I have seen, I am pretty pumped up about this initiative. Great post, @Ooh-Rah

Back