The biggest MI5's operation since WWII

mike_cos

Folgore
Verified Military
sorgenia_london_2012.png

At least 3.800 MI5 Agents will be deployed to protect Olympic Games in London...
Also coming to help the armed forces. In addition to the 13,500 military, on the Thames will be the largest ship in the British Navy. And there's more. New details will soon be revealed: the countdown has begun.
Expected cost? One billion Euros..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...all-3800-agents-on-olympic-watch-7584968.html

You make your own luck. J.I. gave up on Sydney as they couldn't get close enough. I'm betting London will be more so as Sydney was pre- 9/11.

Yes, a large juicy target with many many venues across the country. Beside the muslim terrorist threats.....they are still dealing with active splinter IRA factions.

Not really, no. There are very isolated PIRA offshoots but I would doubt they would have the logistics to pull anything serious off.

Not really, no. There are very isolated PIRA offshoots but I would doubt they would have the logistics to pull anything serious off.

Would it take all that much in the way of logistics to pull off something at the Olympics? Would it even have to be that serious? The fear and panic potential is huge. Couple dudes come rolling up and toss some grenades into the crowd or something.... I realize that's somewhat of an oversimplification, but with such a large and relatively open target....

Honestly I doubt they've even got grenades, the Provos had control of all the weapons. I recall a big IED lately but that was in NI proper IIRC (fuzzy details). My guess is that the UKSS and elements would be all over the Provos/Sinn Feinn to be all over the splinter groups. It's not like they don't know who they all are.

Back