The British Army is no longer considered a Top Tier fighting force

Ooh-Rah

Semper-Fi
I’m sure this is going over like a lead balloon within certain circles…

US general warns British Army no longer among world’s top tier fighting forces: report | Fox News

A senior U.S. general has recently warned U.K. Defense Secretary Ben Wallace that the British Army is no longer considered to be among the world’s top-tier fighting forces, according to a Sunday report.

The source told Wallace that decades of cuts to Britain’s military defense has eroded the country’s fighting capabilities, Sky News reports.

The source is quoted as saying: "Bottom line… it’s an entire service unable to protect the U.K. and our allies for a decade."

US general warns British Army no longer among world’s top tier fighting forces: report | Fox News

A senior U.S. general has recently warned U.K. Defense Secretary Ben Wallace that the British Army is no longer considered to be among the world’s top-tier fighting forces, according to a Sunday report.

The source told Wallace that decades of cuts to Britain’s military defense has eroded the country’s fighting capabilities, Sky News reports.

The source is quoted as saying: "Bottom line… it’s an entire service unable to protect the U.K. and our allies for a decade."

Unreal. My opinion may be decades old but my experience jumping/training with the UK Paras, they know their shit and are hitters.

A senior U.S. general...

..... that decades of cuts to Britain’s military defense has eroded the country’s fighting capabilities, Sky News reports.

That Senior General needs to look in the mirror.

This unnamed “general’s” opinion is meaningless without knowing his background.
I doubt if any veteran senior combat commander would make that kind of statement. And It wouldn’t be the first time some general shot off his mouth about a topic way outside his lane.

Didn’t we just have an Air Mobility Command general order his pogues to fire a full “clip” at a 7-meter target to get ready to shoot Chinamen in the head?

Last edited:
The troops are top tier, the volume though is a different discussion. British Army no longer is really a force projection force. UK MOD is as stupid as our DoD when it comes to cutting end strength. Then they re-missioned what little funding they had for their two carriers to make the Royal Navy a sort of force projection service. But don't worry...we're just as stupid and have this sense of superiority about ourselves that is hilarious. Erstwhile our troops have shit morale because we have no cool programs like Forces Sport and keep our dudes twiddling with their thumbs in their bums until 1700 instead of doing something fun.

The troops are top tier, the volume though is a different discussion. British Army no longer is really a force projection force. UK MOD is as stupid as our DoD when it comes to cutting end strength. Then they re-missioned what little funding they had for their two carriers to make the Royal Navy a sort of force projection service. But don't worry...we're just as stupid and have this sense of superiority about ourselves that is hilarious. Erstwhile our troops have shit morale because we have no cool programs like Forces Sport and keep our dudes twiddling with their thumbs in their bums until 1700 instead of doing something fun.

Yes, the UK defense budget cuts are fair game. The individual British soldier is still one of the best trained. Our military leadership has no business criticizing the Brits when we're the ones pushing the woke agenda and weakening standards and discipline to force inclusion in the ranks.

No nation can project power like the US. Bits and pieces maybe, but no one can project power like the US. Comparing us to other nations can really become apples and oranges at some point.

One thing missing in this discussion is the abject, outright cowardice of the general in question. Fuck them and everyone like them because they want to slander a longtime ally, but hide behind anonymity? That's a bitch-ass move from a petulant child with an ax to grind.

One thing missing in this discussion is the abject, outright cowardice of the general in question. Fuck them and everyone like them because they want to slander a longtime ally, but hide behind anonymity? That's a bitch-ass move from a petulant child with an ax to grind.

Must have been denied British jump wings.

Last edited:
No nation can project power like the US. Bits and pieces maybe, but no one can project power like the US. Comparing us to other nations can really become apples and oranges at some point.

The way I read the article was that the US general's comments were a bro-to-bro tough love, come-to-Jesus talk. It read to me like the leak came rom the UK side.

The way I read the article was that the US general's comments were a bro-to-bro tough love, come-to-Jesus talk. It read to me like the leak came rom the UK side.

Fair, but it is still a bitch move. Generals don't control the money and the UK's defense budget has had problems since the end of WWII. Money is the issue here, not people. Even their new carriers aren't projected to have enough F-35's to fully man the flight decks. The solution? Deploy US Marine F-35's on the UK's ships.

The UK's problem isn't a lack of heart, intelligence, or skill, it simply lacks the money to build a better warfighting capability. Telling the Brits something they already know (and are pissed about) is kind of insulting.

Back