The Lakers Championship Thread

Jaknight

Once again The Lake Show stands above the rest!!! Number 17 is in the bag!!! Feel free to post your love for the greatest Basketball Franchise of all time

Attachments

• 6E7C3861-8F0D-446E-8853-BD26E956EFFA.jpeg
    6E7C3861-8F0D-446E-8853-BD26E956EFFA.jpeg
    356.3 KB · Views: 1
The last time the Lakers were a no-shit TEAM was under Pat Reilly. SHOWTIME!!!

I guess part of me is happy they won, but I’d have rather seen the Clippers take it this year.

Really loved the Lakers Championship Riots...make sports riots great again! Is this a signal of normalcy?

At least 76 arrested after Laker fans crowd into Downtown LA
Folks have been destroying their downtown areas after a win for decades, now. Chicago every time Jordan led his support platoon to a ring, Vancouver after a Stanley Cup loss, Montreal after a Stanley Cup win, Denver, Boston after the BoSox won the Series after 86 years, Detroit (back when there might have been something left to break) after Isiah Thomas’s squad won the NBA Finals, and Ten Cent Beer Night (which was during regular season, but fuck it). It’s been normal.

Folks have been destroying their downtown areas after a win for decades, now. Chicago every time Jordan led his support platoon to a ring, Vancouver after a Stanley Cup loss, Montreal after a Stanley Cup win, Denver, Boston after the BoSox won the Series after 86 years, Detroit (back when there might have been something left to break) after Isiah Thomas’s squad won the NBA Finals, and Ten Cent Beer Night (which was during regular season, but fuck it). It’s been normal.
Oh I know. Oh, we watched Ten Cent Beer Night in my Risk In Sports Facilities Law class.

I hate the Lakers. Since well before LeBron. I watched five minutes of the NBA restart and for obvious reasons basketball is becoming unenjoyable.

About this series. Well I guess the Eastern Conference is weak, the Celtics vs Lakers would have been a decent match up. But Celts couldn't even get past an upstart Miami led by Jimmy Butler who has massive fire in his belly and a massive chip on his shoulder.

The Lakers having the most talent in the league were easily able to overcome a trashy attitude from LeBron (made a scene walking off the court), but it still took them 6 games.

The mechanics of this whole thing, I have no idea.

Going into next season I seriously have no idea what's going on. The Lakers are pretty strong and the East looks very interesting because guys actually want to play in Milwaukee.

Doc Rivers also waltzing into another job where he has 90% of control again is wild to me.

Last edited:
Back