The Live Music Thread

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Live music goals for 2018- FFDP, MGK, Prophets of Rage, G Eazy.

If I can move some things around I might just try and hit up Austin City Limits and add a bunch of people I didn't think to want to see live.

If I can move some things around I might just try and hit up Austin City Limits and add a bunch of people I didn't think to want to see live.

Festivals are the best.

where I can remind you Kendrick dropped damn this year and question your top 5 DOA.

Until King Kendrick pulls something ridiculous and puts out garbage I've stopped trying to count him in my top of "whatever", it's becoming the same each album year for him (GKMC, TPAB, and now Damn).

But if I'm going to be completely honest with myself and not count King Kendrick, Jay's 4:44 is nigh perfect. He's ancient in the rap game now, yet hasn't fallen into that level of quality that a lot of rappers do when they reach this point in their career (looking right at you Em).

Also Joey Bada$$ and Open Mike Eagle had great stuff put out this year.

Until King Kendrick pulls something ridiculous and puts out garbage I've stopped trying to count him in my top of "whatever", it's becoming the same each album year for him (GKMC, TPAB, and now Damn).

But if I'm going to be completely honest with myself and not count King Kendrick, Jay's 4:44 is nigh perfect. He's ancient in the rap game now, yet hasn't fallen into that level of quality that a lot of rappers do when they reach this point in their career (looking right at you Em).

Also Joey Bada$$ and Open Mike Eagle had great stuff put out this year.

I enjoyed Logic’s new album. I don’t know when it came out.

Not the hardest song they've recorded but it's more about the lyrics. Super pumped for when they're stopping in Omaha in May.

Not the hardest song they've recorded but it's more about the lyrics. Super pumped for when they're stopping in Omaha in May.
“So Long, and thanks for all the fish”-10 points to Maynard for the literary reference.

MGK and G-Eazy? Really?

Is there a problem here, Ranger??
In fact there is. MGK is hot garbage. I don’t have much against G-Eazy other than the fact he became popular when I was new at Batt so his songs are essentially the sound track to my smoke sessions. Also @amlove21 doesnt strike me as a fan of either. Figured he would be a bit more into Lil Pump and Lil Yachty.

Ive seen MGMT in March in Philadelphia, and looking forward to Unknown Mortal Orchestra at the end of April. Both great bands to see live.

Boot? I’m not the one who has the playlist of a 16 year old condom snorter on my phone.
I’m just not even sure where to go here. Pick your poison from the following list. Let’s pretend I-

1. Made fun of your rap music taste, saying you had less experience as a fan of hip hop than you do a transgender prostitution working on a handjob doctorate. Prove me wrong, if you’d like.

2- Asked you how much MGK you’ve heard and offered to google music for you showcasing his considerable skill set.

3- Engage in your #basic name calling and made a reference to hip, young trends that make no sense in retaliation (E.g., ‘aren’t you late for your speaking gig at the Antifa 16 and under ban the second rally?)

In the end, it’s ok that you don’t like MGK or Eazy. They’re awesome live, and lucky for me, they’re both playing shows near your moms house soon so I can catch them on my way home.

8-)8-)8-)8-)

I’m just not even sure where to go here. Pick your poison from the following list. Let’s pretend I-

1. Made fun of your rap music taste, saying you had less experience as a fan of hip hop than you do a transgender prostitution working on a handjob doctorate. Prove me wrong, if you’d like.

2- Asked you how much MGK you’ve heard and offered to google music for you showcasing his considerable skill set.

3- Engage in your #basic name calling and made a reference to hip, young trends that make no sense in retaliation (E.g., ‘aren’t you late for your speaking gig at the Antifa 16 and under ban the second rally?)

In the end, it’s ok that you don’t like MGK or Eazy. They’re awesome live, and lucky for me, they’re both playing shows near your moms house soon so I can catch them on my way home.

8-)8-)8-)8-)
I’m in the middle of a Rip It/Cope/pre-workout haze (by haze I mean I’m stuck on a porta shitter by our MWR), so I’m gonna tap out on this exchange... you win this round, PJ.

Getting back on topic- I’ve listened to MGK, and my feelings about him have been tainted by interviews he’s given and the time he was on the Breakfast Club and they made him freestyle... it was rough. Also, barring you, I don’t much care for the people who obsess over him. A dude who owned a bar in Gainesville I did stand up at was obsessed with him- ‘lace up” tat and everything. The whole white trash shtick he pulled sort of just.. turned me off of the whole thing. I will say I still have “Wild Boy” on my workout list.

I’m taking Maternal Unit to Jazzfest to see Jimmy Buffett play live. As long as she’s lived here, she’s never had the pleasure, so I’m fixing that little oversight.

I’m just perturbed that the organizers elected to have David Byrne playing at the same block of time on another stage. I can’t be in two places at once, and I’d rather see JB first.

Back