The Scuttle Butt On CCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy! I have yet to actually become SOF but my plans are to go into the AF and be a CCT. I have done some research and further looking into's but I'd really appreciate some advice from some actual vets to see what is the real story. More or less I am looking to re-affirm what my recruiter has told me and what I have read. Many thanks

Aim High...
ColtForCCT

I'd really appreciate some advice from some actual vets to see what is the real story. More or less I am looking to re-affirm what my recruiter has told me and what I have read. Many thanks

Think about what you just posted. You're looking for information, to confirm or deny what you've read and/ or what you've been told, but you offer us no frame of reference and no point from which to begin. Therefore, with your very broad and ambiguous post we can answer with "They jump from aircraft, sometimes with parachutes and sometimes without" and it would be entirely true.

So, what information are your looking for? Otherwise a bunch of random posts are going to appear and I'll have to lock this thread, which will make me angry and when I'm angry I kill a hooker to relieve stress.

Think of the whores, MRS, and do it for them.

With that said, the next post in this thread belongs to a staff member or MRS (heh, heh, "Misses").

Cheers!

Freefalling, I see what you mean:less ambiguity and more straight forward/direct comments (silly noob wannabes). But from what I've heard/read is that their primary role is establish air fields, assault zones and the like while having the capability of calling in air power when necessary. The problem I see with establishing airfields and what not is the practicality of it in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. Granted I don't know much about how much about SOF operating in the Middle East in current times, but it just seems that CCT was more of a Vietnam thing (hell it was the helicopter war). Summary; CCT seems antiquated and to me (the high school kid that doesn't know anything comparatively to you folks) not useful in many areas. Again I want to emphasize I don't know anything so if anything is incorrect or wrong I plead ingnorance or stupidity.

Colt

Summary; CCT seems antiquated and to me (the high school kid that doesn't know anything comparatively to you folks) not useful in many areas. Again I want to emphasize I don't know anything so if anything is incorrect or wrong I plead ingnorance or stupidity.

You want to try out for an organization you believe to be antiquated and with no real purpose? I'll ignore that what you think about CCT is dead wrong, but...you want to assess into a field you think is out of touch and out of time?

You have to be trolling us.

Agreed pardus.. I'm not sure if the word "antiquated" was correct, what might be better is I'm still trying to grasp at how often CCT actually are used in the role as described on the Air Force page and how often they perform task not listed on the page. If that is a better correction.

Freefalling, I see what you mean:less ambiguity and more straight forward/direct comments (silly noob wannabes). But from what I've heard/read is that their primary role is establish air fields, assault zones and the like while having the capability of calling in air power when necessary. The problem I see with establishing airfields and what not is the practicality of it in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq. Granted I don't know much about how much about SOF operating in the Middle East in current times, but it just seems that CCT was more of a Vietnam thing (hell it was the helicopter war). Summary; CCT seems antiquated and to me (the high school kid that doesn't know anything comparatively to you folks) not useful in many areas. Again I want to emphasize I don't know anything so if anything is incorrect or wrong I plead ingnorance or stupidity.

Colt
This was going to be my response based on your initial post: Then secure a Security Forces slot.

Antiquated is incorrect.

I have to ask though, why CCT and not the Rangers or SF?
Do you think Air Traffic Control is a fun fallback career field?
Agreed pardus.. I'm not sure if the word "antiquated" was correct, what might be better is I'm still trying to grasp at how often CCT actually are used in the role as described on the Air Force page and how often they perform task not listed on the page. If that is a better correction.

Mentos, if you want a really in-depth explanation of CCT and how they've been employed from Vietnam to the GWOT, I suggest you check out "No Room for Error", by Col. John Carney. Carney was one of the very first CCT team leaders and was one of the guys who inserted into Desert One to set up the landing beacons and control air for the hostage rescue. He also talks about combat controllers inserting into Afghanistan in the opening days of the way to open up and control airfields, then conduct massive CAS during follow-on operations. I highly reccomend it.

MRS, you are killing me.

...But from what I've heard...
...Granted I don't know much about how much about SOF operating in the Middle East in current times...
... (the high school kid that doesn't know anything comparatively to you folks)
I want to emphasize I don't know anything...
Alright- we have it established you know nothing about CCT. You don't know how SOF teams work in a delployed environment. Instead of doing some research on your own and finding the answers from the literally 1000's of places on the internet, you chose to post here, make sure everyone knows how little you knew while simultaneously taking the laziest approach, which is us doing the leg work for you and giving you the finished product, e.g.- the answer. Well, at least you didn't voice your opinion on something you didn't know anything about...

The problem I see with establishing airfields and what not is the practicality of it in the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.
Oh shit, yes you did...
...it just seems that CCT was more of a Vietnam thing (hell it was the helicopter war). Summary; CCT seems antiquated and to me... and not useful in many areas.
Yup, again.

... if anything is incorrect or wrong I plead ingnorance or stupidity.
You can not pre-emptively plead ignorance or stupidity when you post something so assinine even YOU think it's going to cause an issue.

I am locking this thread- again, like I did the last one. Nothing productive. Mildly entertaining, but in a sideshow/train wreck sort of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back