The special operators youve never heard of.

A buddy of mine is currently in the CCT pipeline and he is in Combat Dive right now. Graduation date for his dive class is in two days if I'm not mistaken. After that I think he only has one more school to go after that before completing his pipeline. I am super proud of him!

A buddy of mine is currently in the CCT pipeline and he is in Combat Dive right now. Graduation date for his dive class is in two days if I'm not mistaken. After that I think he only has one more school to go after that before completing his pipeline. I am super proud of him!
He would be off to Pope Field for CCS then?

Good for him! Congrats!

The fact that most don't know these brave warriors even exist combined with their quiet dedication to their jobs and lack of recognition seeking is humbling, and encourages me even more to want to be a part of this small, elite brotherhood.

It's good to see the Air Force Special Operations getting some attention.

He would be off to Pope Field for CCS then?

No he has already been through that. I can't remember what's next because I haven't talked to him lately. I'll talk to him this weekend and see what's up next. I do remember him saying he is almost done though

If hes in Dive then hes already graduated CCS and is going through the different phases of STTS at Hurlburt field now. Dive and MFF being 2 of those phases.

I just wanted to throw my two cents in regards to AFSOC and the many comments on here in terms of CCTs and PJs lacking recognition and praise for deeds, etc.

Being a PJ and especially a CCT is a very individualistic role in special operations. That really comes down to the nature of how they work/operate and the structure of their ranks. CCTs are attached to Ranger Platoons, SF A-Teams, CAG and DEV teams, etc. Delta, Rangers, SEALs, etc get recognition for events because they are a cohesive units with a goal ("kill Taliban, find UBL, capture Al Qaeda).

"Rangers assault an objective and take out the senior Taliban leader of that province including the killing of 30 of his men"
"SEALs infiltrate Pakistan and take out Osama bin Laden"
"Delta Force rescues American hostage held in Baghdad"
"Special Forces soldiers in Colombia help soldiers destroy a FARC jungle camp"

Get the picture?

You will never see headlines that say :
"24th STS assaults objective in Baghdad and kills the senior AQ facilitator"
"PJs from the 21st STS raid a weapons factory in Kabul and recover massive weapons cache"

That is why they will never have the recognition that other SOF units get simply because... they are not a unit. They are a collection of awesome special operators who contribute immensly to the fight by attaching themselves to SOF units. CCTs will play the deciding factor in the outcomes of battles throughout Iraq/Afghanistan (esp Afghanistan) as we have seen since 9/11. And the individuals will defintely get recognized (it's evident in the countless valor awards given to CCTs/PJs). But the 21st, or 23rd, or 24th STS will NEVER be recognized in the way that the other SOF units will.

I just wanted to throw my two cents in regards to AFSOC and the many comments on here in terms of CCTs and PJs lacking recognition and praise for deeds, etc.

Being a PJ and especially a CCT is a very individualistic role in special operations. That really comes down to the nature of how they work/operate and the structure of their ranks. CCTs are attached to Ranger Platoons, SF A-Teams, CAG and DEV teams, etc. Delta, Rangers, SEALs, etc get recognition for events because they are a cohesive units with a goal ("kill Taliban, find UBL, capture Al Qaeda).

"Rangers assault an objective and take out the senior Taliban leader of that province including the killing of 30 of his men"

Get the picture?

"PJs from the 21st STS raid a weapons factory in Kabul and recover massive weapons cache"

That is why they will never have the recognition that other SOF units get simply because... they are not a unit. They are a collection of awesome special operators who contribute immensly to the fight by attaching themselves to SOF units. CCTs will play the deciding factor in the outcomes of battles throughout Iraq/Afghanistan (esp Afghanistan) as we have seen since 9/11. And the individuals will defintely get recognized (it's evident in the countless valor awards given to CCTs/PJs). But the 21st, or 23rd, or 24th STS will NEVER be recognized in the way that the other SOF units will.

Even when they operate in "large numbers", they will be part of a larger force and probably not get mentioned outside of AFSOC/AF channels.

I think the "lone wolves of the battlefield" portion of that article, combined with the title of it sum things up best. I'm sure that's how they like it too.

Not going to hijack thread, but form previous posts I understand that CCTs never conduct independent operations?

And - sorry if too close to OPSEC - what was biggest CCT element ever used?

Regards ,
Robal2pl

PJs conducted search and recovery of a F-117A pilot that bailed out in Serbia in late 90's.
Think the biggest CCT op was the Haiti relief operation. When they went in and started directing air traffic when the islands only airfield controll tower went down.

Get the picture?

Didn't you just describe, in your own special way, what an enabler is? :thumbsup:

Back