The US and Pakistan Should "Divorce"

Marauder06

Intel Enabler
Verified SOF
Here, here!

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/...divorce-ex-ambassador-to-washington-says?lite

Updated at 7:10 a.m. ET: WASHINGTON - The United States and Pakistan should stop pretending they are allies and amicably "divorce," Pakistan's former ambassador to Washington said on Wednesday, citing unrealistic expectations in both countries that include U.S. hopes Islamabad will sever its links to extremists.

"If in 65 years, you haven't been able to find sufficient common ground to live together, and you had three separations and four reaffirmations of marriage, then maybe the better way is to find friendship outside of the marital bond," Husain Haqqani said, addressing the Center for the National Interest, a Washington think tank.

"I still think a full proper investigation on the Pakistani side is needed to find out how Osama bin Laden lived in Pakistan and who supported him -- within or outside the government," he said. "I really do not know (who helped bin Laden). All I am saying is that somebody knew."

He said it was just as unrealistic for Pakistanis to think that the United States would side with Pakistan by launching war on India as it was for the United States to think Pakistan would give up its nuclear weapons or sever ties with extremists.

"Equally unrealistic is that Pakistan ... will give up support for jihadi groups that it deems to be a subconventional force multiplier for regional influence," Haqqani said.

Describing his vision for a post-alliance future for the United States and Pakistan, Haqqani appeared to downplay U.S. security concerns. He said Pakistan's eight-month shut-off of ground supply lines for NATO forces in Afghanistan showed the United States it could rely on more costly routes to the North.

Love the dudes last name. Fitting that a guy named Haqqani doesn't want Pakistan to play with the US anymore.

Does the US get the fiftyeleventygazillion dollars back as alimony in the settlement? I dont have a problem with Pakistan getting the "USMC made in Pakistan" jackets.

Didn't think he was, it was a joke.

I didn't think it was a joke the first time I heard it. "The ambassador to the US is a Haqqani? GTFO!" but then I did some investigating and it appeared he wasn't connected to the network. Well, "not connected" inasmuch as one can be a high-level member of the Pakistan government and not be connected to them.

Back