Today is September 11

Thank you George for the patriot act. We are safer for it.

Of, if we knew then what we know now. But that's true of just about everything in life, no?

One of my mentors in life was first generation American, his father was German. Although he did not have a German accent, he would have one when he'd say this: (so you have to read it in a German accent) "My father always told me the highways and byways to hell are paved with good intension."

I will say, for those lost today, murdered by savages that were supported by the federal government (change my mind), you have not been forgotten.

These poor victims were a pawn in reindeer games that spawned 20 plus years of retardism and violations of civil rights based on "national security".

What a fucking spit in the face.

Of, if we knew then what we know now. But that's true of just about everything in life, no?

One of my mentors in life was first generation American, his father was German. Although he did not have a German accent, he would have one when he'd say this: (so you have to read it in a German accent) "My father always told me the highways and byways to hell are paved with good intension."

I will say this.

I don't believe it was for good intentions. I believe, of course I have no proof that it was designed to do exactly what it was designed to do and that, this horrible day was used as the catalyst.

There were lies. There were motives. A lot of bullshit that we didnt know. Regardless, to all of us/ you that have fought in the GWOT, you did your duty. I lost soldiers who were doing their duty. I choose to use this day to honor those and those like us...damn few left.

We'll never forget those we lost.

Including, Ambassador Steven's, Sean Smith, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

I was out of the Army by 2 years, I was off from work that day, Kim was working.

My pop was having a cardiac cath, my mom and I were there.

In pre op, watching TV, saw planes hit. My first thought? Fuck, this is war, I'll get called back.

23 years ago, I was motivated as fuck, rah rah, war!!! Get em, blow em up!

15 years ago, I was beginning to question things.

10 years ago, even more.

5 years ago, I realized that the federal government are our biggest threat. Things like JFK, Murrah Federal, 9-11 and other things are conspiracy theories that have some truth.

3 years ago, I learned that Americans would do exactly what German civilians did with the 3rd Reich/allowed crimes to humanity to happen because of propaganda.

Today, nothing is what it seems, lies, pandering and many still lick it up like a scallywag trolling a dick for dimebags.

What's worse is that those same folks will never get it and play sides.

This day, 23 years ago, Americans were murdered. We went to war over it. Those that were young went to war after their fathers returned, for what? Fat fuck politicians in their ivory towers.

The patriot act? The biggest violation of the 4th amendment. Like him or hate him, Snowden breaking it open was a blessing.

That's my take of this.

I sarcastically call it Carrera Day. After the Patriot Act (I was an early supporter. I'm also stupid.), invading Iraq, and Afghanistan? We can remember those 2900+, but our country failed them. Our country failed us. A siren call to the world and didn't just squander the opportunity to fight evil, we shit on those 2900+ dead. Crass? Perhaps, but deep down some of you know I'm right.

I'm bitter, so you can dismiss my viewpoint and words, that is certainly your right and I understand, but our politicians and GO/FO level folks failed us. They didn't just fail the living, they failed the dead, they failed previous generations, and they failed future generations.

People trust Republicans, they trust Democrats, but are the parties really that different for any of us?

I'll stop there.

My wife has a good friend, her husband was at Cornell Med on the upper east side in residency at the time. We had a trip planned up there in October, 2001, (Columbus Day weekend) and we didn't know if we could get up there until a couple weeks before. They watched the tows fall from the roof of their apartment building.

When we flew up the entire southern end of Manhattan was still covered in an ashy haze. We took the subway as far south as we could get and walked the rest of the way, to about 2 blocks away. It was very eerie, a lot of people there, just...standing and silent. All the businesses were still closed, a couple inches of powdery ash on everything, an electrical burning smell in the air. It was very surreal.

A couple days later, that Sunday, we were walking near the park and we stopped to watch the live outdoor NFL show (Deion Sanders and some others), they interrupted the broadcast to announce the US had started an air campaign in Afghanistan. The whole crowd just erupted, Deion started crying. That was one of the most memorable, amazing trips to NYC I ever had.

IMG_20230912_165255.jpg
IMG_20230912_165226.jpg
IMG_20230912_165158.jpg

Last edited:
You aren’t alone…

Bitter? Sure.

I fell for it. "Lets Roll" was all I needed because I hated a whole people. When I got there and seen Haliburton at every fucking turn, and a fucked up ROE, I immediately began to ask myself questions. Those questions have been answered in my mind. Now I just choose to focus my thoughts about it on the soldiers and friends I lost.

My son will soon be a PL. Worried is not a strong enough word.

Back