TRADOC’s Cone vows to keep young soldiers interested

goon175

Ranger
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
Good on him, sadly a lot of his peers will be afraid to step outside their comfort zone of things being done in just such a way.

Being TRADOC and not FORSCOM, I wonder how much he'll actually be able to influence. I also wonder how this sentiment matches with "we need to re-instill discipline" we've heard others discuss.

Being TRADOC and not FORSCOM, I wonder how much he'll actually be able to influence. I also wonder how this sentiment matches with "we need to re-instill discipline" we've heard others discuss.
Agree, "the garrison military state" is often geek speek for no training dollars, which means finding "make-work" projects.

Horseshit. Whatever happened to "Private, follow instructions and move out."? If the Army starts catering to a specific group of people, then what's next?

It's not about them...it's about US.

I think they should still be able to put a Brooklyn beatin' to whoever needs it for being a complete sack of fuck snot. I guess now that other issues have been cleared up, they can always play spin the bottle to kill time in the barracks. I use to make my guys clean the bloated rotten road kill off my Hummer if they thought there was nothing to do. Yes, I aimed for it.

TRADOC encompasses a lot more than just IET soldiers:

TRADOC Focus Areas:
1. The Army in 2020

2. Acquire the All-Volunteer Force

3. The Army in the Joint Fight

4. The Profession of Arms Campaign

5. The Army Leader Development Strategy

6. Adaptability through Mission Command

7. The Tactical Small Unit

8. Knowledge, Skills and Attributes of the 21st Century Soldier

9. The Army Learning and Training Concepts

10. Requirements Determination

11. The TRADOC Organization for Combat (Functions, Roles, Organizations)

TRADOC operates 32 centers and schools on 15 installations.

Well, there's fantasy then there's reality.

Doesn't there seem to be mixed messages here about the Army's future? Right-sizing, force reduction, but let's keep the Apple generation interested because we don't want to lose them!:ehh:

Why not let them leave if they don't want to stay in? If their contract is up, what's the issue? If Big Army wants their skillset, then offer cash, choice assignment, electric car, etc.

Back