Trijicon - Bible Verses

Mich. firm to stop embedding Bible verses on military gun sights

Statement from Trijicon:

"Trijicon has proudly served the U.S. military for more than two decades, and our decision to offer to voluntarily remove these references is both prudent and appropriate. We want to thank the Department of Defense for the opportunity to work with them and will move as quickly as possible to provide the modification kits for deployment overseas. We are honored that our products were selected by the United States military based on their superior effectiveness and overall value. Trijicon's more than 250 American workers are proud and humbled to provide critical hardware for our nation's brave service men and women and we look forward to working with the Department of Defense to ensure our immediate solutions are in compliance with the military's standards requirements."

Is this really Petraeus? :rolleyes:

"It is disturbing. This is a serious concern to me and to the other commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan because it indeed conveys a perception that is absolutely contrary to what we have sought to do."

"There's a reason that we put people through cultural awareness training. I can assure you that there is much greater sensitivity among our troops about this sort of thing than apparently there is from the contractor."

"This is a big concern to the Army and the Marine Corps. They are in some pretty considerable discussions right now about how to deal with that."

But, "Allahu Akbar!" is altogether, a whole different perspective, and take on things, isn't it...........:uhh:

Politically Correct Link

The problem as I see it is not that the verses are on the sights, as a private company has a right to do that, but rather that people using/buying them (to include the US military) didn't know about it.

I want a bible verse snuck onto something I own as much as I want a Koran verse snuck on something I own.

Personally I want neither and will check my ACOG next time I draw my weapon.

Ours are off to get it dremeled off tomorrow after joint had a fit. Its raised in plastic on the side Acog4x32JOB2:19 IIRC. I'll try and take a picture.

Doh it is metal, ours has tue same as yours Brando. Cant get my shitty phone to take a decent picture.

Back