Trijicon HD Pistol Sights

I'm neither smart enough or experienced enough to know the value of such a thing. I think it is interesting and worth bringing up if only for the ensuing discussion.

RBU for Trijicon RMR

I'm neither smart enough or experienced enough to know the value of such a thing. I think it is interesting and worth bringing up if only for the ensuing discussion.

RBU for Trijicon RMR

Seems like an OK proposition and a decent price, but... adding even more height to a red dot mount... :hmm:

What's wrong with getting a tall front sight and just centering that in the malfunctioning window?

I thought the same thing.

On a day at the range that thing would get beat to hell with as much as I shoot, change shooting hand, immediate action drill, etc.

The RMR can take it. I abuse mine, and it still works perfectly.

That said, mine is in a milled mount that gives it a rock solid attachment to the slide. While it does move with the slide this reduces the amount of force transmitted to the RMR.

This mount is quick and cheap, just as advertised. The front sight placement is not my preference. It does add some height. It seems to me that anytime you attach something with only point of contact you've created a fulcrum that will end up imparting some movement to the device. When you consider that we use the the RMR to rack the slide, run it off fixed objects to clear stoppages, etc., you can see how easy it would be to impart linear and torque force to the mount.

Bottom line, I wouldn't choose it. I'd save my shekels for a proper milling job (not that much more money) or buy a MOS pistol from Glock.

Last edited:
Seems like an OK proposition and a decent price, but... adding even more height to a red dot mount... :hmm:

What's wrong with getting a tall front sight and just centering that in the malfunctioning window?

Most people I know just replace their stock sights with suppressor height front and rear sights. There's no need to create another dovetail to mount the rear sights in front of the RMR. The argument is this protects the glass a bit, but it also reduces sight radius. I personally have had no issues with casings hitting the RMR. I prefer the rear sight behind the RMR and the front sight in its traditional position; it leaves a cleaner window for the dot and it's easier to shoot with irons if you need to.

By the way, at social distance you can just center the target in the RMR window if it goes tits up. Transitioning to the irons is fast and easy too.

Back