TUSC device

kaja

Verified Military
Am I missing something, or is it just retarded?

I can see some use in wound closure, but use big ass skin stapler to stop massive bleeding... O_o

Citation from manufacturer's page:

The TUSC can also be used for other purposes including treatment of open pneumothorax and abdominal evisceration.... ...Whereas tourniquets can take 3-5 minutes to apply

..I guess I will continue using TQs, dressings with gauze and all that "old school" stuff for now... :-"

I dont even know what to say to that. For an inexperienced person, performing self care with no other resort- maybe. Thats going to hurt like a BEAST though! I want to know what the guys thought when they said, "Hey, you know that big open wound we need closing? What if we just had a steel fly trap spike each side of it and clamp it off?"

Weird.

I dont even know what to say to that. For an inexperienced person, performing self care with no other resort- maybe. Thats going to hurt like a BEAST though! I want to know what the guys thought when they said, "Hey, you know that big open wound we need closing? What if we just had a steel fly trap spike each side of it and clamp it off?"

Weird.

Another assinine concept that somebody came up with, IMHO. I will stick with T.Q.'s and direct pressure / pressure dressings. 3-5 mins. to apply a T.Q.? Who is applying it? My grandmom?

F.M.

In looking at the lovely image included in the article, my thought was, why the hell not just put pressure on for a while first??

And, Yup, that puppy is gonna hurt like hell. Probably cause a lot of tissue necrosis along the way. All the tissue that comes near that thing is going to have to be sacrificed as well.

RF 1

Can you imagine some poor Joe (troop) getting a shot in the arm from a 7.62 and you trying to put that "device" on his arm when he is still responsive and feeling pain?

F.M.

Weird.

I think I saw this at SOMA. I was less than impressed.

For anyone, especially an MD, to say it takes 3-5 minutes to apply a tourniquet is prima facie proof of being a cockmunching mouth breathing lying asshole.

Actually, there may be some patient population who will benefit from use of this device..
bodysuspension35.jpg

Actually, there may be some patient population who will benefit from use of this device..
bodysuspension35.jpg
Probably the best analogy we will ever see:thumbsup:; and........... just as medically sound to boot.

RF 1

OMFG, the only use that I could think of for that thing is in the ER 0300 hrs on Sunday then that drunk Mofo won't hold still.

OMFG, the only use that I could think of for that thing is in the ER 0300 hrs on Sunday then that drunk Mofo won't hold still.

Just the "tool" to control bleeding from another tool for your mofo. Sorta like reducing blood loss during a circumcision}:-).

RF 1

And what happens when it's not positioned properly when you first apply it? Now it's time to take the bear trap off my arm and re-set it. And BTW, I can't get my fentanyl lollipop in my mouth because I'm too busy trying to knock you the fuck out with my good arm, because you're about to put the bear trap on my arm, AGAIN!!!

The pt would definitely have to be disarmed before application.

Back