UAV's and Time Travel

AWP

SOF Support
I was going to post a musing in the Open Mic thread, but thought it would make for a fun, and knowing this crowd, very stupid thread.

Say you could go back in time with a UAV or similar ISR platform. What would you record?

- Last stand of the 44th Foot outside of Jalalabad, Cannae, the British Squares receiving Napolean's cavalry charge at Waterloo, Battle of the Little Big Horn, Rorke's Drift, etc. I think seeing these iconic battles and scenes would be fascinating.
- The Pyramids, Stonehenge, Masca Lines, etc. How were they made?
- Dallas, November 22, 1963. Put that controversy for rest once and for all.
- Marilyn Monroe's death. Who was there that night, if anyone?
- Everest, 1924. Did Mallory reach the summit?

I think it would be fascinating to see some of these events and end some mysteries.

1) Did he have sex with that woman....Ms. Lewinsky?

2) What country was Baby Obama's baby shower held in?

3) Was that tool-shed REALLY the one to shoot and Kill Bin Laden?
(my fantasy has always been 'no', and that the SEAL who did, honored has commitment to be a true quiet professional.)

Numerous WW2 battlefields.
- The battle of Stalingrad. It would be amazing to see the true scope of the bloodiest battle ever fought. Especially the Russians crossing the Volga.
-The battle of Kursk.
-The battle of Berlin.
-The invasion of Normandy, from the Airborne drops down to Omaha.

I always thought it would be interesting to see Amelia Earhart's final flight and know exactly when and how she went down.

If there's no limit, seeing the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius would be fascinating also.

Things I'd try to answer:
Would be nice to see if DB Cooper survived and if so, where did he run off to.
What happened to the Mary Celeste crew?
What happened to the Roanoke colonists?
What exactly happened during the murders of the Gruber family and their maid and who did it?

- Creation of earth
- The Pre Flood Civilizations
- Hannibal’s March across the Alps
- battle of Troy
-battle of Thermopylae
-crusades
-siege of Vienna
- renaissance
- battle of yellow tavern
- pre Columbus America

- 1893 Chicago World’s Fair
- 7 wonders of the ancient world
In both cases I feel like old photographs/drawings don’t really give a good idea of the size. I’d like to see them next to the other buildings and technology of the day.

I'd use it to catch one of my old team leaders whacking off in the shower and then use it to blackmail him - forcing him out of SOF forever and back to wherever it was that he came from.

If that didn't work, I'd probably go for my alternate and check out the grassy knoll in Dallas to see who really shot JFK then I'd sell the story to "Weekly World News"
Maybe even grab a few parchments from the Library at Alexandria right before it burned down - then I'd put them bitches on eBay.
...I know it sounds selfish, but if I get my hands on a real time machine, I'm going to use it for capitalism - getting paid - make that money !!!

Probably even fly that thing into the future a few years so I could place some YUGE bets on a couple of big sporting events.
For sure on the JFK thing though - maybe even see if I could use it to save Mary Jo Kopechne .

...happily married and she looks way better than Mary Jo. However, if I was to hit it BEFORE I got married - who knows.
I'll have to work it into my time travel agenda.

Gunfight at the OK corral. Who fired first, and did Wyatt Earp really stand out in the open, while everyone else got shot the fuck up?

Wild Bill Hickoks and Davis Tutt's gunfight, 75 yards with a Navy colt cap and ball, right through the heart... hmmmm

Who actually got the virgin Mary preggo?

Did Jesus carry his own cross?

A few others...

- did OJ do it
- the months of Col. Fleckinger and the two corpsman with him traversing in the jungle to rescue all those in need of aid
- Capt. Gary Michael Rose's MOH actions in Vietnam

I’d like to go back to @AWP ’s commissioning and when they said “whoever objects, speak now or forever hold your piece” I’d have some things to say.

He was at Bagram for 30 years. The aircraft carrier that never finds a port. Locked in a shipping container with chronic masturbators and occasionally rocketed by dirty bearded pedophiles. It explains a lot.

Back