Ultimate Weapons: Sniper Rifles

I find it amusing that the M110 is in there...

What a hunk of shit that thing has turned out to be. Heavier than the SR25, hardly as accurate and a horrible trigger to boot.

I am glad we didnt turn our M24's in like other people have.

Crip

Ive got a question for the guys down south,

Up here we shoot the Tac 50 and the Timberwolf .338 Lapua. We are told that the m107 is most commonly fired with regular ball .50 ammo and when fired with that ammo, the m107 is a 3 MOA system. Are the figures I've been told correct?

...We are told that the m107 is most commonly fired with regular ball .50 ammo and when fired with that ammo, the m107 is a 3 MOA system. Are the figures I've been told correct?

It shoots about a 2.5-3 MOA group using ball ammo...

From time to time you can get the M107 to shoot a 1.5-2 MOA group using the Hornady 750 grain AMAX...

I find it amusing that the M110 is in there...

What a hunk of shit that thing has turned out to be. Heavier than the SR25, hardly as accurate and a horrible trigger to boot.

I am glad we didnt turn our M24's in like other people have.

Crip

Your not the first person to say that. However its to my knowledge that except basicly the stock and the RIS the M110 and SR25 are practicly the same weapon. So what causes these flaws in the M110?

The trigger assy, stock, barrel, and optics are all different, and the M110 also has ambidextrous controls.

I am not exactly sure what in the trigger assy has been causing the issues but I know that sometimes it wont fire when the trigger is depressed but will fire once the trigger is released...it has also been known to fire two rounds with a single depression of the trigger...

That bitch is also considerably heavier than the SR25...

Not a comparison between the 110 and the SR25, but the difference between the 24 and all the 'rest'. I agree with Crip, keep your 24's.

Apples and oranges, the 110 and the SR25 are semi-longguns......the 24 is a bolt action tweaked sniper rifle for the more accurate shooter. I think if you take the time to go to video 5 at 5:00, the narrator explains most of what I'm saying. The 110 is semi-auto, and the shooter uses the 'bracketing' method.

Last time I checked, a sniper is is 'one shot-one kill' shooter, no bracketing needed.

Apples and oranges, semi-auto to bolt gun. No explanation for the shortcomings of the 2 semis, only that I had to wait for the 'clunk' of that tremendously slow semi action and recoil for the bolt to fall into place for the next 'kill shot'......and sometimes that seems like an eternity.

24 has very little recoil and is back on target in the same amount of time it takes the recoil-semi to load another round......for the experienced shooter.....

and I guarantee you the MOA will be tighter on a 24......

:2c:

Right I knew the difference between the bolt-semi arguement,I was just really asking bout the two KAC weapons.

Anyway then since its a similar subject would the M21 be a better alternative to using the 110/SR?

...Anyway then since its a similar subject would the M21 be a better alternative to using the 110/SR?

Define what purpose you plan on using the platform for?

The M21 was designed for a specific task. It wasnt meant to be a GP sniper platform; its a SDM platform, big difference.

If I am understanding your question...

A-max obviously doesnt have the "showing" of the Mk211 but I havent had any issues spotting the fall of the round -save tall grass.

Define what purpose you plan on using the platform for?

The M21 was designed for a specific task. It wasnt meant to be a GP sniper platform; its a SDM platform, big difference.

Ehh, I'm really just being curious as to your guys thaughts on the weapon, but I suppose then as an urban sniper weapon.

No, it isnt replacing the SR25. It is meant as a replacement for the M24 and they want the -24's turned in when we get the M110.

We are fighting it...

Back