Under Armour - No. Just no.

Ranger Up wrote a great article about this issue, they called it "Butt Hurt Locker." Funny/witty?

There is a different point of view represented here.

Terminal Lance just put up a strip with a similar message. While I think UA may have wandered across the line, I don't see this as so egregious that they need to be chastised, called out, and denigrated publicly. A simple "not cool" is about as far as my response goes. It's not cool, but it's not killitwithfire uncool.

IMO ("Band of Ballers" issues aside), I think the whole veterans-as-the-new-SJWs is more accurate than I'd care to believe. It seems that between the bloggers and facebook, the whole hero-worship aspect of modern America's interaction with the military has gone to some veterans heads to the point where anything they don't like "justifies" an almost-violently indignant response. Some of it may be worth engaging over... but some of it really isn't worth going full wharrgarbl over.

I wish they were still selling it, I would totally wear that at work just to get a rise out of people.

Sir, YOU could get away with it, badass Recon Marine with a hot girlfriend and a recruiting poster and video to go along with your bad assery... not a lot of others could.

No, it's because he's an asshole. Trust me, I know!

I should be a General...

Quoted for truth :p

I'm really getting over the whole veterans dogpiling on anything they think is even slightly insulting. That's the same shit that rabid liberals do, like they did to chick fila. We should be above that but it seems to be the new crusade of some of our brethren, waving the veteran card around like it's woman's lib.

75% of the stuff guys are getting offended over is because nieve civvies (no meanness intended) don't know the significance of things that offend some of us. A bit of education and civility explaining why something is offensive goes a long way but some dudes just seem to want to be outraged. There's plenty of things we as vets should be getting up in arms over, I don't see a T-Shirt from a company that does some wicked deals for the Military as it is being one of them.

75% of the stuff guys are getting offended over is because nieve civvies (no meanness intended) don't know the significance of things that offend some of us. A bit of education and civility explaining why something is offensive goes a long way but some dudes just seem to want to be outraged.

The veteran community can have a very bad habit of bitching about how little civilians know, while simultaneously doing nothing to fix it. We can't have it both ways.

The veteran community can have a very bad habit of bitching about how little civilians know, while simultaneously doing nothing to fix it. We can't have it both ways.

It's amazing to know the people that have no idea of what the Iwo Jima Memorial is or represents. Many recognize it as "something they have seen before", but they have no knowledge of what it actually represents.

In agreement with what you said, I always enjoy taking those opportunities to enlighten them to a bit of US and Military history.

Having a "right" to be offended seems to be the in thing at the moment. It's not just military people- everyone seems to want to be offended over something trivial these days.

Have you seen this one yet? From the folks at PacSun

pac-sun-flag-kdvr.jpg

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/kristi...ods-calls-out-corporate-scum-pacsun-flag-tees

Apparently that have seen the errs of their ways though.

pacsunapology.PNG

The PacSun store in our mall recently closed down within the past two months. They probably saw the publicity that the UA situation stirred up and went for some publicity -- at least that's what my cynical self tells me (could be) -- to help their sales.

Truly, if they want to sale shirts like that...then be adult enough to own it and keep on selling them. Then, if they get boycotted...they earned it...if they don't, then I guess people really don't care what is done with our flag and they will buy the shirt to show their right to do so.

Either way...I will simply smile at them and go on about my business thinking they are "silly."

@Agoge , I agree 100%! Pax sun trying too hard to be outrageous, I would it be surprised if they had the "apology" written before they even needed it.

Back