Underwater intervals

nitrohuck

USAF
Verified Military
Hey everyone,

I had a question about how the clock is run during underwaters on intervals, I have gotten two different answers so far, one from the developer I've been working with who's administered me the PAST and then the other coming from my buddy who is a PJ.

The developer is telling me that if we are doing underwaters on 2 minute intervals, that the clock begins ticking down from 2 minutes once I get BACK to the start position (giving me a full 2 minutes of rest).

On the other hand, my friend was adamant that the 2 minute clock begins counting down the second you kick off the wall to begin your underwater, and that whatever time is left on the clock when you get back to your start position is your rest period.

I am trying to train as accurately as possible here, and any help is greatly appreciated.

I believe the clock starts when you push off the wall. I am not a CCT or PJ. The attatched narrative is from the Special Tactics forum. I hope this helps.

Attachments

• tmp_22864-PAST_Narrative_12_Dec_13_0E401121704585.pdf
    132 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the link, and I am leaning more towards agreeing with you, but from reading it I still can't glean a solid idea of exactly when the clock starts...

I've been told the same as above, but hopefully someone will chime in. Time starts when you start, underwater to the end, freestyle back, time remaining to rest. Although a two minute rest would be AWESOME

Thanks for the link, and I am leaning more towards agreeing with you, but from reading it I still can't glean a solid idea of exactly when the clock starts...
I read it as being a 3 minute cycle, not a 3 minute rest. It states that each 3 minute cycle INCLUDES the underwater swim and the surface swim back to the start. Your rest time is the remaining time after those two things are completed, until the 3 minutes is up. The second 3 minute cycle starts once the first 3 minutes is up.

Time starts when you start the underwater, I think selection graduation standard was 1:45? Or 2:00 I forgot. So underwater, freestyle back, and remaining time is for rest.

Thanks very much for the responses, that helps me out a lot for training.

Also, for anyone who's curious, the CFETP for CCT has the following for graduation standards:

6 x 25m underwaters @ 2:00 for CCS (Pope)

6 x 25m underwaters @ 1:45 for CDQC

Back