Us Navy Seal Ethos

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkrewzLoose

Something Clever
Verified Military
United States Navy SEAL
In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life.I am that man.
My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.
My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.
I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men.Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.
We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.
I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our mission. I am never out of the fight.
We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me - my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.
We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.
Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.

Better yet, when you make it through BUD/S and SQT and STT and then recieve the 5326 rating then start yelling it at new Frogs.

Memorize it and say it while your pushing out 100's of pushups. :cool:

SEAL Tactical Training.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I've never heard of this.

NSW Preparatory School, BUD/S, SQT (which is advanced tactical training among other things), ProDev, ULT, SIT, deployment.

I don't know why your tone became so condescending, but there isn't a need for it.

You misread my post, I put "which is advanced tactical training among other things" after SQT I don't know how you thought I said that was a part of NSW Prep. I'm curious as to how SQT is a part of BUD/S also...if that was the case wouldn't you get one certificate for graduating both? I'm just clearing up some facts here dude, you don't have to act all high and mighty. I didn't bring a tone towards you, I'm just wondering why you're being that way with me? This is supposed to be a board of professionals. That's what I read, anyway.

Also, the probationary period is still there, it's just that now you get to wear your Trident upon reporting to your team after initial training. You still have to go to a board.

I don't know why your tone became so condescending, but there isn't a need for it.

You misread my post, I put "which is advanced tactical training among other things" after SQT I don't know how you thought I said that was a part of NSW Prep. I'm curious as to how SQT is a part of BUD/S also...if that was the case wouldn't you get one certificate for graduating both? I'm just clearing up some facts here dude, you don't have to act all high and mighty. I didn't bring a tone towards you, I'm just wondering why you're being that way with me? This is supposed to be a board of professionals. That's what I read, anyway.

Also, the probationary period is still there, it's just that now you get to wear your Trident upon reporting to your team after initial training. You still have to go to a board.

Nevermind. Your correct on all points. Shame on me for getting into the SEAL forum. Have at it.

I'm pretty sure that guys get their Trident after SQT and have a big graduation there instead of at BUD/S. BUD/S is in house in cammies.

http://www.navyseals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153000

http://sealswcc.com/navy-seals-naval-special-warfare-prep-school.aspx

Sorry...all off topic...

I'm pretty sure that guys get their Trident after SQT and have a big graduation there instead of at BUD/S. BUD/S is in house in cammies.

Yes, that is correct.

But the SQT graduation is on the BUD/S first phase grinder at the NSWC. SQT takes place at a few different locations, the pinning ceremony takes place at the NSWC in Coronado.

I thin
Yes, that is correct.

But the SQT graduation is on the BUD/S first phase grinder at the NSWC. SQT takes place at a few different locations, the pinning ceremony takes place at the NSWC in Coronado.

I didn't know this was about where the graduation was... well whatever. I think we're debating the same thing ;)

Actually, it is an MMA match against me clad in my Three Wolf Footie Pajamas. I'm something like 4000-0, but they DO put up one helluva fight so I tend to award the Trident as a consolation prize.

If I'm ever bested mano a mano I'll reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back