(USASOAC) unveiled its new Distinctive Unit Insignia (DUI) and Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI)

Grimfury160

Personnel Clerk
SOF Support
Shaking a tree! Do you see me on the map?
http://www.clarksvilleonline.com/20...sasoac-unveils-new-distinctive-unit-insignia/

Fort Bragg, NC – The U.S. Army Special Operations Aviation Command (USASOAC) unveiled its new Distinctive Unit Insignia (DUI) and Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (SSI) after receiving approval by the Army’s Institute of Heraldry.
USASOAC provisionally activated March 25th, 2011, as the aviation staff proponent of the U.S. Army Special Operations Command. With the start of the new fiscal year in 2012, the unit shifted from provisional to fully resourced status, and thus could start the process of creating its own unique DUI and SSI.​

A seperate command/ component? I can see that. A new DUI and all for what amounts to a garrison HQ? Um....seriously?

Even the AMU has a new unit insignia, so Tis the Season I guess.

As a general aside, whenever I hear about new awards/ uniforms/ baubles/ whatever, I can only think that we must have the war well in hand to devote time and money to such trivialties. All of the other problems must be solved, money's plentiful, and nothing's left to worry about when we can have people create new fashion accessories.

Is this much growth inevitable? I thought one of the best attributes of SOF (besides obvious capabilities) in general is the smaller size (less kabooky dick dance to get shit done) than conventional forces. Cool patch and all, but was it truly necessary?

I like it. And they just donned the new patch in replacement of USASOC patch.

I think 160th should definitely have their own distinct patch

Back