Used Pistols

RackMaster

Nasty-Dirty-Canuck
SOF Support
I've found a few used pistols that interest me and I'm trying to narrow it down. Here are a few that I'm looking at and I was wondering if I could get some advice on calibre choice and make/model, etc. I'm leaning to the package deals that have extra mags and hard cases.

H&K USP 9MM LUGER 4-1/4" BBL, VERY GOOD $949

SIGARMS P226 9MM LUGER 4.4" BBL, BLUED, REFURBISHED, FIXED SIGHTS, ACCESSORY RAIL, 2 MAGAZINES, HARD CASE EXCELLENT $869

COLT 1911 MK IV SERIES 80 .45 ACP HAS MILLET ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS, BLUED, AFTERMARKET SLIDE RELEASE, AND SAFETY, HOLSTER EXTRA GRIPS AND MAG GOOD $799

THOMPSON AUTO ORDIANANCE 1911 .45 ACP VERY GOOD $599

WALTHER P99 .40 S&W 4-3/16" BBL, MATTE BLACK FINISH, ACCESSORY RAIL, ADJUSTABLE SIGHTS, 2 EXTRA BACK STRAPS, 1 MAGAZINE, HARD CASE EXCELLENT $899

And I found this one for collecting purposes.

TOKAREV TT-33 SEMI-AUTO 7.62 TOKAREV HOLSTER, ROD, LANYARD, 2 MAGAZINES, IZHEVSK 1942 VERY GOOD $225

Prices are higher up here naturally. Even though our dollar is at par with the US dollar. And it's damn near impossible for me to purchase one down there and export it up here.

you could always buy one and just come across the border with it, it's not like they do inspections

you could always buy one and just come across the border with it, it's not like they do inspections

No, it's the having it registered up here that's the problem and technically their not supposed to let it come into my possession in your country. I can buy it, but there's a shitload of paperwork I have to have done before I buy it and then after I buy it, just to have the guy I bought it from ship it to me. Not worth my trouble. I have the coin to buy one, I'll just have to be more picky about what I buy. ;)

I was looking at the P226 because it's something that I some what familiar with it and they seem to have the better deals with the extra kit.

yeah go for the Sig, but have a look at it first, especially if it is refurbished. Sometimes they can be a bit shitty. Seeing as we have such strict gun laws, the only time you are going to fire it, will be at the range, and 9mm is a lot cheaper then the alternatives.... check out gunnutz....

Thanks Pete.

There's a really good indoor range/club near me that I'm looking at joining and I will have to join any way, to get my transfer paperwork to travel with the firearm.

Here's some info from the US Embassy on travelling to Canada and bringing weapons here. Sheds some light onto how fucked up it is up here. ;)

Bringing Weapons into Canada
Weapons are strictly controlled. Visitors bringing firearms into Canada, or planning to borrow and use firearms while in Canada, are required to declare the firearms in writing using a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration Form.

* Travelers should be advised that certain knives, even those used for hunting and fishing, may be considered prohibited weapons.

In all cases, travelers must declare to Canadian Customs authorities any firearms and weapons in their possession when entering Canada. There are often facilities near border crossings where weapons may be stored, pending the traveler's return to the United States, but this should be done before attempting to enter Canada.

* Canadian law requires that officials seize firearms and weapons from those crossing the border who deny having them in their possession.

Seized firearms and weapons are never returned.

Back