Volunteers Needed for Research!

Alex48

Alex48
Verified SOF
Volunteers Needed for Research!
Are you a Retired ARSOF Veteran with combat experience living in the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville NC area? If so, your experiences could add to our fundamental understanding of how one reacts to combat.

What is the Purpose of the Study?
I wish to know how ARSOF veterans that positively assess their service despite experiencing the same combat stress as those who have post-traumatic stress issues. Has learned resiliency and stress coping mechanisms to high-stress, life or death moments, insulated them from stereotypical generalizations of military veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder? This research will evaluate how ARSOF veterans have learned resiliency and provide recommendations of how advocacy and prevention programs can apply these measures to assist others.

What is Involved?
Once you contact me, you will be asked to fill out a basic demographic questionnaire, be given a consent form, and conduct a one-on-one interview (approximately 1 hour) in a private room within the Cumberland County Library system. Identifying information will be confidential to protect and maintain you’re anonymity.

Who can participate?
You must be a retired Army veteran with at least 20 years of service and have been discharged honorably and have retired within the past 10 years. You must have served a minimum of ten years within the Army Special Operations Force community and have had combat experience in either Iraq or Afghanistan.

Are there Risks?
The risk are minimal risks to the study. If you have been diagnosed with PTSD or feel you have post-traumatic issues then you cannot participate.

What will you get in return?
You will be given a $50 Amazon Gift card for your participation.

Contact me via email at MAlexander40@capellauniversity.edu or PM me here – ALEX48 between now and 7 September 2018!

Note: Yes I did get ShadowSpear’s permission to post this.

Back