When does Military Professionalism go out the window

GMLRS_SPIKE

Unverified
After my first deployment and being back state side for about four two months. I was just getting ready to enjoy my cool beer and outside in my front lawn was screaming, yelling. So I ran over to the door opened it up and I see two children no more than older than 5 and no younger than 3 standing next to my car under the car port and watched as this man (later I learned it was her ex-husband) was beating the shit out of her. Now to cut the story short, I stepped outside and yelled at the guy. After I had his attention he started mouthing off at me (diarrhea of the mouth) and told me to mind my fucking business. After a few moments of words he lunged at me and I wore his ass out bad and called the police. This bastard got my name because it was a citizen’s arrest he used that to locate my unit on FT. Sill and contacted my chain of command and told them I was screwing his wife.

So now I'm reporting to the Battery Commander and I wasn't surprised that the commander was a little upset but as I stood there I was asked and I quote, "Are you batman or are you a vigilante." Well I asked if this was a serious question on hand and it he made it very clear he wanted my answer. I took it as a lose, lose situation so I said, "yes sir I am Batman." Then the shit hit the fan quick. He cleaned his desk off and did a few other things, told me I was worthless and dumb minded and told me to get the "Fuck out of his office." Which I did upon his request. I was in the commander’s office at least 3 maybe 4 times a week for a month. I never did anything with the woman yet I was told that they had evidence. After about maybe two weeks I was asked why I interfered with the situation in the beginning. Maybe I am wrong, but I think any decent man out in my shoes wouldn't have stood for seeing a man beat a woman ass and needless to say in front of their two children. I told him how I felt and he took it as disrespect because I basically stated that any real man would have said something as where you have pussies out there that may have the same morals don't have the balls to do what is right.

Well a Field Grade Art.15 was done but once the Battalion Commander saw this because my 1sg had seen the action and brought it to the Sergeant Major. Well the Art.15 did not happen but yet again, this problem was never resolved. He had a command change shortly after and it since then never heard about it again. Sometimes though I wish the commander would have climbed over his desk like he said he would do and get a piece of me. Though he said I was wrong, I felt it was the right thing to do.

Cowardice asks the question, 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question, 'Is it politic?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?' And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right. Dr Martin Luther King, Jr

Though, I think... next time, call 911 first, THEN rescue the woman... ;)

Who knows what would have happened had you not intervened. Hopefully you'll get no further blowback for doing what you could to help the woman.

yeah i agree, should have contacted the police first but my first thought was, "this guy really beating on her." As for the situation haven't heard anything more but to this day it's brought up by others that were there at the time.

I think intervention is necessary sometimes. You never know what that person is capable of, not to mention the response time of the cops. I guess it's your call in the end on what you would rather have to deal with.

Well, obviously, every action we take comes with some sort of consequence, good or bad. So, you probably should have figured he was going to use an excuse like that to justify beating her.

But, i think politically correct, is a bunch of bullshit. So, thumbs up to you, i would've done the same.

Back