Which MOS to choose to get to SFAS as soon as possible

Thank you for the insights. As of yesterday, no Option-40's were available for any MOS. 13F looks pretty good at this time.

[QUOTE="However, I think if you wait a bit you can be an 11B/C. 13F with an option 40, would be what I would do if joining today.[/QUOTE]
Sir, any idea how long "a bit" would be?

Thank you

Question for the Rangers: has anyone ever heard of a non-Option 40 13F being denied a chance at the 75th while he was in AIT? Don't have an Opt. 40, enlist anyway, and then volunteer at AIT? I know at one time this board actually recommended that path to a few wannabes because MOS' like FO, Medic, and 25C/U were usually in need of people.

As of this morning, a total of 26 MOS's were available.
13F (no Airborne) is still available. Several 13 series were available, none Airborne.
35N with Option-40 (the only Option-40 at this time) is available. I have reserved it.

Even though I'd prefer a combat MOS, 35N is a "combat support role" but offers the Option-40 which is awesome.

It's getting hard to stay frosty.

As of this morning, a total of 26 MOS's were available.
13F (no Airborne) is still available. Several 13 series were available, none Airborne.
35N with Option-40 (the only Option-40 at this time) is available. I have reserved it.

Even though I'd prefer a combat MOS, 35N is a "combat support role" but offers the Option-40 which is awesome.

It's getting hard to stay frosty.

Not exactly. There is a HUGE difference in combat support and direct combat support roles. The majority of 35Ps in the RTSB are 11B Rangers that went MI and are still doing good stuff.

I don't know many SIGINT analysts that are out of work after their military time is over.

+1 on Lindy and +1 on being an Fires guy. Very important skills that aren't as easily manned as one would think.

In the Marine Corps promotions are quicker than road runner shit in those MOSs meanwhile dudes like me have to wait 8 years and still won't hit the below zone without extending. That goes the same for CSOs and many other MOS types.

Good for you for wanting something and planning ahead for it to make yourself as successful as possible.

Most of all good on you for signing up to serve our nation.

Back