Why Is the Marine Corps Fighting With the Navy Over a Camouflage Pattern?

According to NAVADMIN 374/09 wear of NWU type II is restricted to NSW units and support units attached to NSW units.
http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/messages/Documents/NAVADMINS/NAV2009/NAV09374.txt

The original reason that I'd read back then was that the female bulldog felt scorned by the male squid that he would flatter himself with having a desert pattern that so closely resembles MARPAT. Again, this whole copyright of the freakin' pattern by the Corps shows how prima donna they can get. Whatever happened to one team one fight, especially since the Jarheads and Squids are in the same freakin department.

Did you just quote a NAVADMIN? Aren't you in the Army? Correction, aren't you a 2nd Lt who has yet to hit the operating forces? I have seen divers, EOD and Seabees wearing the new cammies. The woodland digital pattern anyway.

Primadonnas? Have you ever deployed with any Marines in your long military career? I assume that you have not since you are still in your entry level officer pipeline. I contest that you have no basis to make such an unflattering assessment of my service.

I guess I needed a pirate smiley for my sarcasm. By sourcing the NAVADMIN I provided facts. The NAVADMIN was in specific reference to the wear of NWU type II and not NWU type III (Woodland). I'm pretty sure all of NECC at this point has issued NWU type III to their sailors.

In regards to Marines, a man I consider my brother is a Corporal, I'm very good friends with the Marines I had the pleasure of being in the same class at Armor school with. All I'm saying is that up in the headshed there was a fit about it because it was "too similar," also the cut worn by NSW personnel vs the remainder of the NECC is also different...ergo why on the uniform worn by the Seabees you still have the waist level pockets and non angled chest pockets.

Its not super-duper hard to tell apart Marines in woodlands and sailors in the type-III pattern.

-The Navy's pattern looks very, very faded. MARPAT tends to retain its colors even after many years of wear.
-Navy pattern has level chest pocket whereas Marines has angled pockets. Also the Marine pocket flaps are rectangular.
-Navy has velcro on the shoulder pockets. MARPAT doesnt have that unless you add it (Or are wearing the FROG shirts)
-The black color patches on the Navy uniform are more-or-less vertically oriented, where MARPAT has horizontally oriented patches.
-Most importantly, the sailor typically wearing the type III will have long nasty hair!!

Its not super-duper hard to tell apart Marines in woodlands and sailors in the type-III pattern.

-The Navy's pattern looks very, very faded. MARPAT tends to retain its colors even after many years of wear.
-Navy pattern has level chest pocket whereas Marines has angled pockets. Also the Marine pocket flaps are rectangular.
-Navy has velcro on the shoulder pockets. MARPAT doesnt have that unless you add it (Or are wearing the FROG shirts)
-The black color patches on the Navy uniform are more-or-less vertically oriented, where MARPAT has horizontally oriented patches.
-Most importantly, the sailor typically wearing the type III will have long nasty hair!!

This is why people say hey doc when they see me huh

I guess I needed a pirate smiley for my sarcasm. By sourcing the NAVADMIN I provided facts. The NAVADMIN was in specific reference to the wear of NWU type II and not NWU type III (Woodland). I'm pretty sure all of NECC at this point has issued NWU type III to their sailors.

In regards to Marines, a man I consider my brother is a Corporal, I'm very good friends with the Marines I had the pleasure of being in the same class at Armor school with. All I'm saying is that up in the headshed there was a fit about it because it was "too similar," also the cut worn by NSW personnel vs the remainder of the NECC is also different...ergo why on the uniform worn by the Seabees you still have the waist level pockets and non angled chest pockets.

Don't jump up and down, that ice you're on doesn't look too thick to me...

Be mindful of who you are talking to on this site. Sir.

So much money and time wasted on such an issue. DOD and the Pentagon need to pull their collective heads out of the asses. ACU is another Army fuck up beyond repair. It is sickening the amount of body armor, uniforms and gear that is multiple colors in storage and issue points. Then all this crap that every service has to have their own distinctive cool guy camo... Sounds like there is allot of adult supervision absent as well as fiscal oversight with regard to tax payers dollars. During my career spanning 1978-2011 I had over 50 work / fatigue uniforms of 6 different types. Not including boots and additional matching junk / crap.

Back