Why The West Can't Infiltrate Al-Qaeda

Sir, I think that might be deceptive. The leadership doesn't have to do that, bonafides in that world involve money and self-mythologizing. We don't want to infiltrate a suicide bomber candidate, but a 'commander', which may not entail the problems you describe.

I'm just thinking out loud though, I have no specific expertise.
I completey agree, DD. I don't think AQ is made up of anything more than groups with leaders. Command and control is not as tightly controlled as we're used to, but killing off leader after leader after leader is a pretty damn good place to start.

... God bless the men and women who wake up every day and try to change the world- with food, with medicine, with words, with ideas, and with force when necessary.

That has got to be one of the most profound blessings I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.

LL

What we should be doing is recruiting patriotic and loyal ethnic natives rather than this other bullshit. Go Arab-American Donnie Brasco on their asses.

There was an issue of Frontline where it profiled this young young of arabic descent that was approached to join a terrorist cell in Vancouver, I think it was. He went to the RCMP's and decided to go undercover for them with the terrorist group. He said he did it because what they were doing was 'wrong.'.
Brave young man. We need more like him.

Back