Wilson Combat And NightHawk...

AWP

Formerly Known as Freefalling
SOF Support
Hmm...what do you want to do with your weapon? Is this for gunsmithing work or a purchase?

Diamondback 2/2

Infantry
Verified Military
SSMP
Military Mentor
Wilson Combat, I think the Night Hawks are way over priced for what you get. Besides WC has a hell of a better and longer rep in 1911's.

That being said, I won't drop that kind of coin for a "tactical or combat" pistol. Now a NM hardball bulls eye gun, yeah but I wont be using WC or NH for that either.:2c:

policemedic

Verified SWAT
I carry a Wilson CQB/rail whenever I'm not working. The gun is about 6 years old, has about 25K through it, and runs like a scalded dog. It still shoots better than I do (I can hear the wisecracks now...). The only parts I've replaced are buffer springs and shok-buffs. It was a nice tax deduction }:-)

I like Nighthawk as well, and will likely own one. They're a newer company, that's true. But they were started by former Wilson 'smiths, so there's a fair bit of experience there.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the one closest to my hand or perhaps the one the dealer priced a bit cheaper.

I can tell you that Wilson customer service was excellent when I ordered the pistol and whenever I called them for anything.

I don't think you'll regret either one.