With Introduction, Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGW

Unverified
My first name is Travis, I been in the Marine Corps for a little more then a year. Currently stationed on Okinawa, Japan. My MOS is in logistics on MCAS Futenma. I registered because I want to learn more about MARSOC and Special Operational forces in general.

Been considering going down this path, but quite hesitant because the closest thing to any kind of combat/training was MCT. And if you compared any other kind of combat training to MCT, it would make MCT look all cute and adorable. Not like I would know but if I had to guess, this would be it. Been talking to a MARSOC recruiter for the last four months, but he has been reluctant to reveal anything more about MARSOC then what I already knew.

To put this into words, I am looking to to hear others experiances in the special operation forces, how much they grew durring their time and if it really was worth the sacrifices that were made.

I normally do not give any information about my self on forums but I want to hear other opinions based off of what I tell them. After joining the Marine Corps and being in the fleet for a short time I realized that I am quite socially awkward kind of guy. For some reasons I can not really "connect" with people. Specially being on Okinawa were you need a liberty budy to go out into town, this really hit me like a wall of bricks. I been on Okinawa for about seven months and I only gone off base to legit locations couple of times becuase I manage to find some people to go with. Quite pitiful I know.

I joined the Marine Corps in belief it would force me to change a little, but even here I fell into the same routine. I have not lived much of a meaning full life thus far. To change that I been conisdering MARSOC. From what I gather this looks like it could provide a opportunity to do somthing interesting, unique, gain new experiances, new adventures, meet people and see the world. MARSOC might give me the opportunity to lead some kind of meaningful existence. This is what I am thinking currently. Thanks for reading my wall of text.

P.S. I was unable to copy paste onto word document, and was unable to get this spell checker to work, I cheat I know. So with that, grammer police, I welcome thee.

Welcome aboard Marine. Semper Fidelis.

I was never with MARSOC, but I will tell you don't expect it to change who you are on the inside. You're the only one who can do that.

Welcome aboard Marine. Semper Fidelis.

I was never with MARSOC, but I will tell you don't expect it to change who you are on the inside. You're the only one who can do that.

You bring up a good point that is hard to argue with. No matter how I look at it I cant prove it wrong. I cant even argue about if its somthing that I need to hear. Compared to what I want to hear, if that makes any sense.

P.S. I was unable to copy paste onto word document, and was unable to get this spell checker to work, I cheat I know. So with that, grammer police, I welcome thee.

Well, you are a Jarhead, so the spelchek gets a pass today.

Welcome!!

Welcome, Marine.

Back in my day nobody was special, we were all just Marines.

With that being, said I wish you success on your journey.

My first two cent recommendation to you as somebody who wants to be special is to learn to never make excuses. Ever, for anything.

Good luck, Devil Dog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back