Witzler assumes 160th Regiment Warrant Officer duties

Ravage

running up that hill
http://news.soc.mil/releases/News Archive/2010/March/100329-01.html

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. (USASOC News Service, March 29, 2010) – Chief Warrant Officer 5 Robert D. Witzler assumed duties as the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) Regiment Warrant Officer during a ceremony on post March 26.

He assumed duties from Chief Warrant Officer 5 David F. Cooper, who held the position since August 2007.

Cooper said that being the RWO opened his eyes to the need for senior warrant officer mentorship and that education is the key to professionalizing the force.

“We - senior warrant officers - need to share our knowledge of career development, ORB's and OER's,” he said. “We must also lead by example and demonstrate to the younger members of the Warrant Officer Corps what it means to be an officer in today's Army.”

He also said that today's Night Stalker warrant officers are more than technical experts. They are leaders, both in garrison and in combat.

“They lead support sections, they are managers of battlefield systems and leaders of combat aircraft formations,” said Cooper. “The Night Stalker warrant officer is the best of the best; carefully recruited, selected and trained.”

Cooper’s next assignment will remain within the Regiment.

The 160th RWO, leads, coaches and mentors more than 370 aviation and technical special operations warrant officers in the unit.

Witzler brings more than 25 years of Army aviation experience to the position, including 19 as a Night Stalker. He is the third RWO since the position's inception in March 2006.

“… Looking around the room, given the men that are assembled here, I am humbled merely by consideration,” said Witzler, to the regimental commander, Col. Clayton M. Hutmacher, shortly after taking the podium. “I will do my best to live up to the confidence you’ve shown in me.”

Witzler followed that his excitement for the opportunity to serve as the RWO is based in part on the vital and different role warrant officers fulfill within the unit.

“We are different for a reason,” said Witzler. “These differences represent a conscious decision by our Army to create a facet of the officer corps that meets an entirely different need.”

Hutmacher has known both men for years and shared his admiration for each man’s dedication to both the Night Stalkers and the role of senior warrant officers within the Army’s only Special Operations Aviation Regiment.
“These men are both seasoned warriors who have demonstrated a level of excellence not commonly found in the Army, and not even in this elite organization,” said Hutmacher. “I can’t tell you how proud and humbled I am to have had the opportunity to serve with both of them. I’m better for having served with them.”

2469w5f.jpg

Chief Warrant Officer 5 Robert D. Witzler assumed duties as the third 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (Airborne) Regiment Warrant Officer from Chief Warrant Officer 5 David F. Cooper during a ceremony on post March 26, 2010. (Photo courtesy of 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment)

I love having a certain CW5 pilot, with the exact same name as me, as my personal driver and doing endless amounts of pushups just because as a CPT...I surely outrank him and need to assert full authority. :cool: :D

I love having a certain CW5 pilot, with the exact same name as me, as my personal driver and doing endless amounts of pushups just because as a CPT...I surely outrank him and need to assert full authority. :cool: :D

If you told me to push and you didn't go one for one with me there would be trouble.... }:-)

CPT???? :doh:

;)

Back