Work out plans

P

ProPatria

Hello all,

I'm looking for some workout plans or ideas that would help me out with getting into the SOF. I'm already in good shape but I don't want to go into selection having to worry about my level of fitness what so ever. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Hey brotha,
Check out the recruiting page for special forces, if you follow the plan layed out there you should be go man. Good Luck !

Ideally you want to be in the best physical and mental fitness you can be but it also depends on which Unit you want to be in and what role.

Here's a good basic guideline of the fitness assessment testing done at Unit level before selection.

Phase 2: physical fitness testing

Fitness testing is conducted by PSP at your home unit over a two-day period. Be prepared to meet the minimum fitness standards without difficulty.
Day One

• Stage 9 on Canadian Forces 20 m shuttle run
  • 40 continuous push-ups
  • 40 continuous sit-ups in one minute
  • 5 pull-ups (overhand grip)
  • combat swim test (25 m swim in combats with boots, rifle and no floatation device)
Day Two

• 13 km rucksack march (35 kg under 2:26:00)
  • 100 m casualty carry in one minute
If you want more detailed information, contact one of the recruiters from the Unit you are interested in; all of their contacts can be found from the site below.

http://www.cansofcom.forces.gc.ca/

Or drop me a PM and I'll see if I can find an answer for your question. ;)

Good luck.

IMO - The best book out there - Get Selected for Special Forces

www.warrior-mentor.com

Plus 100% of royalties go to Special Operations Warrior Foundation (www.specialops.org), which provides college scholarships and education counseling to the children of Special Operations personnel who are killed in a training accident or operational mission.

Back