Review Your Life by Scot D. Spooner

dmcgill

Infantry Marine
Verified Military
This book is a "self-help" motivational piece written by a former soldier who, in his own words, shouldn't have been able to achieve the things he did. The main point you will take away from the book is that how you experience everything in your life and what you achieve is governed by your perception. Allowing yourself to use such losing verbal commonalities such as "That may work out great for you, but not for me"..."I'm too <fill in the blank> to be able to do that"...is something a lot of us have said to ourselves over the years about a litany of different things but in all reality is just bullshit. When it comes down to it, like the saying goes, whether you think you can or you think you can't, either way you are usually right. Everyone can and has felt this way at some point in their life about something, as it's natural human instinct, but you can fight off the toxin with positive thoughts and by taking a different approach to the situation. Your perception can and will become your reality.

Some of the things you will read are really enlightening, and others are things you definitely already know, but perhaps help hearing coming from an author who has achieved such colossal and rare success in the military and life. Chapter 8 discusses fear and love and how everything reverberates back to either one. He goes on to make a great point in saying that "fear ought to be classified as stealing, for fear alone will steal you from all things in life that you were supposed to have". He makes bullet points in the book detailing decisions a lot of people will fail to make in life based on fear.

This book will be of great help to people who are searching for something missing out of their lives that they can't quite pinpoint or people who are frustrated with their current situation and feel like they can't improve on it without ruining something else. It's for people who desire more but perhaps needs some more guidance and self-assurance from an authority. I think anyone who reads this will get something out of it, regardless of your position in life.

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Life-Scot-D-Spooner-ebook/dp/B007ADMJKO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411261009&sr=8-1&keywords=your life scot spooner

As of this writing, there are 27 reviews on Amazon, 23 of which are five stars. I encourage you to read all of them. Either way, you can't go wrong as this gem of a book is only $3 for the Kindle edition! This is also a short book you can easily read in one sitting.
100_0442.jpg
SKU-000524984.gif

Nice recommendation. It's a no bullshit book that makes you reflect on several issues that you may have or have had and unlike most self help books it doesn't mince words or try to be nice it just points out the cold hard truth. I loved the love and fear section that dmc gill points out. This book actually makes you think and that's what I like about it. I read "The way of the SEAL" by Mark Divine and it was a good book, but I can relate more to this one, and as Spooner points out you can lend someone something that may help them, but they won't get the drive to do something about it like someone who had to go out and get it himself, which I feel Mark Divine did; he essentially puts everything on a plate for you while Spooner's book leaves much self reflection and isn't as long as Divines in which you lose key points due to the length. Thanks for the recommendation man.

Back