ZR recon contract training

... I just don’t want to fail you know? A lot of it might come down to mental strength but maybe I can be a little more prepared than your typical UZ contract marine

Focusing on failure will cause you to fail, focusing on the next 30 seconds will get you through any selection course in the military.

Did you read the threads I sent you to in the pm? If not, get on it, they'll answer 95% of any questions you have. You will NOT be spoonfed info or advice during your selections, no matter your rank you are expected to act as an NCO or staff officer during that time - innovation, knowing the rules, teamwork, self reliance and fortitude. If you quit, it's on you; if you succeed, it's on you. There is no magic bullet, it's about accurate shot placement.

BRC is easy. Give 100% and don’t quit. Your instructors will help you understand when you’ve actually hit max effort.
Ive done some more research and have scanned through the forms. As of right now I’m focusing on memorizing the creed.

Looking at the times you posted in one of your other threads, you're fully capable to pass BRPC/BRC. Maybe learn to egg beat and strengthen your inner-thighs a bit (google). Skinnier guys and guys who can run have strong hip flexors and usually do fine on fins. Your problem will be found in extended water treading. I only say this because I found out the hard way. I like running more than the next guy and I paid for it in the pool. I've also seen an MCT volunteer who wasn't much more than a twig make it all the way through with no problem. What he lacked in muscle he made up for in grit. They'll make sure you're strong, you just have to stick around. Simple as that. Oh, and stretch. The MARSOC app has a good foundation to build off of for resiliency training.

Looking at the times you posted in one of your other threads, you're fully capable to pass BRPC/BRC. Maybe learn to egg beat and strengthen your inner-thighs a bit (google). Skinnier guys and guys who can run have strong hip flexors and usually do fine on fins. Your problem will be found in extended water treading. I only say this because I found out the hard way. I like running more than the next guy and I paid for it in the pool. I've also seen an MCT volunteer who wasn't much more than a twig make it all the way through with no problem. What he lacked in muscle he made up for in grit. They'll make sure you're strong, you just have to stick around. Simple as that. Oh, and stretch. The MARSOC app has a good foundation to build off of for resiliency training.
I’ve been focusing on the creed I have RECO down so far. I’ve also learned the square and figure 8 knot. I also downloaded an apnea app right now my best is a 40 second breath hold. I’m still waiting to pick for MCT so I’m figuring that if I start learning what I can now. I’ll have more time to focus on swimming back home.

Back