724 STG Video

amlove21

Pararescue
Verified SOF
SSMP
SOF Mentor
We won’t get into specifics on pretty much everything that the 724 STG does, but they recently produced and circulated a sweet ass video I thought I would share.

As hype videos go? Well done.

We won’t get into specifics on pretty much everything that the 724 STG does, but they recently produced and circulated a sweet ass video I thought I would share.

Oh super spooky high speed.. surprised they put this out honestly.

Open source recruiting for any unit is good. They have to see the fence to go behind it.

Back in the 80s when I was a wee lad (jr high, high school, thereabouts), there was a somewhat popular military-centric magazine, Gung Ho. In addition to their regular issues, they had a few that were unit-centric: Rangers, SF, SEALS... I was maybe 13, 14 when the issue of the SEALS came out, the brother of a friend was a SEAL at that time. I remember him saying that the SEALs were so secret, recruiting and manning was a nightmare, and if that open-source mag would produce one SEAL, it was worth the publicity.

I remember him saying that the SEALs were so secret, recruiting and manning was a nightmare, and if that open-source mag would produce one SEAL, it was worth the publicity.

Based upon books and movies then, NSW should be at about 400% manning...

Based upon books and movies then, NSW should be at about 400% manning...

Shit, no kidding. And their recruiters still hit things like Spartan races, Tough Mudders, etc., hard. For a unit that is supposed to be made up of 'quiet professionals', they blabber like those bitches on The View.

Back then, all of the SOF units were still so super-secret-squirrel-the-Soviets-are-invading, it was so hard to find anything. Those magazines were awesome.

I found this online:

Cool video. Great music. And a Ma Deuce. :thumbsup:

Nice that some US units involved in clandestine operations take their NDAs seriously.

Last edited:

That video is so hype, the main characters in the next Call of Duty will be from a STS.

Very cool. If I was 30 years younger. And used too much hair gel.

Had some team guys a while back trying to convince a buddy of mine to try selection again instead of retiring. I remember them joking about him being bald, saying "we're allowed to have two guys per ODA with bad hair".

Do you "kids" know what we would have given 20 years ago for this knowledge? The videos, the outreach, the mentorship....do you have any idea?

I envy you for the opportunities and I hate you for not taking advantage of them.

The Navy has community manager pages online showing the manning of all jobs, and how many people they need. Does the Air Force have an equivalent of this information available to the public?

Here’s what I’m reffering to:
ENLISTED COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT BRANCH

This video made me able to do 12-13 pushups CONSECUTIVELY.

If you aren't shooting machine guns from civilian SUVs, you aren't living.

Holy shit, the link in the description goes to some really good guides on exercise and nutrition. there's even a mental guide

Back